cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

since buying new vodaphone smart prime 6unable to send some text - to short numbers eg 40127

KT31
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi ,

I recently purchased a vodaphone smart prime 6. Since then I am unable to send texts to short numbers eg 40127 to check my message center number, 27822 to collect rewards or numbers to enter competitions.

I have been on web chats 3 times and been told to update my message center number but have rung the numbers provided and received an error and cannot  find details of howw to do this on my phone. I can send texts to other phones ok and have no BARS set on my account.  I put my sim back in my old phone and it works fine so it is not my SIM. Can anyone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have now resolved this problem. Under the apps setting I chose messenger and this took me to a screen with the option to stop premium rate texts. I removed the tick from the box and am now able to send the texts I wanted to,

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If your able to access these services by swapping phones then your account would seem to be set up ok with as you've checked no account bars are showing ,but it's also worth checking no sms premium bar is definitely not applied. Information in the link on the Rh side of the forum page. 

Ive not used the phone you are but it maybe beneficial to look in the User Manual and it's possible an employee in a Vodafone Highstreet store maybe able to help by looking through the phone / checking your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi I have downloaded and gone through the whole manual today and cannot find anything in there that refers to Message contact number or my problem . After 3 failed attempt on the live web chat who promised me they fixed it and then call to 191 where I couldn't speak to someone I will have to do as you suggest and try to get to a store. Just a little hard at the moment as i am recovering from surgery and just wanted to speak to someone. Thanks again

BandOfBrothers

Sorry to hear your recovering and understand the difficulty in getting to a shop. 

As we are customers here too with no account access or access to Vodafones systems or physical hands on with the phone it's hard to be able to successfully troubleshoot what could be the issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

just thought someone might have had the same problem . Thanks agin

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@KT31

It depends a little on the phone exactly where they've hidden it! However, I've just tried it on a couple of phones, one of which is a Vodafone Smart 4 Mini. If you open Messaging, then hit the menu button, there should be a Settings option. Within that, there will be an assortment of options, but basically you are looking for the SMS or text settings, then within that it may be called SMS service centre, or something similar, and then it may be displayed immediately, or you may have to go down a further level to see it.

On both phones, I eventually see +447785016005. Interestingly, having discovered by trial and error how to find the setting, I have now worked backwards and managed to locate the instruction in the manual for the Smart 4 Mini, but not in the manual for your phone. However, it must be somewhere in that neck of the woods!

maz2468
2: Seeker
Hi
Did you get this resolved?
I picked up a new device and contactless vodafone sim card at same time and am unable to text to the vf short numbers, just gets rejected.
I have checked the message Centre no and it's gone.
Cheers
Mark

Annie_N

@maz2468 When you say that the Message Centre number "has gone", do you mean that it's blank, or that you can't see the number? If you can see the space where the number should be, can you enter +447785016005 into the space?

Is your phone also a Smart Prime 6? If you can't locate where the number should be, and my hand-waving description above doesn't get you there, someone who has that phone may need to describe the exact route. @KT31 are you able to help?

maz2468
Hi,
Thanks for your response
Sorry, the predictive text entered 'gone' when it should say fine or OK. So the message Centre number is OK.

It's a S7... My S6 worked fine with these numbers.
Thanks
Mark

Annie_N

@maz2468 The only thing that occurs to me is that the phone hasn't latched on to the netowrk correctly for some reason. Usually switching the phone off then on again clears that, but an alternative is to try to select a different network. You'll get an error report of some sort or other, but if you then re-select Vodafone you should refresh the connection entirely - and, with a bit of luck, that will fix it!