Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

using phone in USA

DadsPhone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Will a Nokia 150 work in USA ?    I have been advised it will, but by possibly unreliable source.  From Nokia manual it is dual-band which is widely taken on internet as meaning it will NOT work in USA.

Someone knowledgable needed to advise ....

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DadsPhone

From what I can see the phone frequencies  is pretty limited. 

Gsmarena say from > gsmarena.com/nokia_150.

"Technology
GSM
2G bands GSM 900 / 1800 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes"

So I would suggest you will need to check the areas your planning to visit and the Networks available there and Google the bands and frequencies they support. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

That does sound like an old GSM phone (so 2G only) and the 900/1800 frequencies sadly won't work in the USA. The 2G over there uses the GSM 1900 frequency which is why, back in the day, people required a 'tri-band' phone in order to roam in the States.

So, no - if that phone is 900 / 1800 only then it won't pick up frequency in the States. It'd be alright in most other places in the world (except some places in the far East or in countries where they've discontinued their 2G networks)

Thanks to both,  looks like not a good option for US and I was right to doubt the advice (incidentally from two Vodaphone advisors , one in a shop and one online, and and from carphonewarehouse online).

Cheers, David

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome. :Smiling:

Maybe a good reason to treat yourself to a compatible replacement phone !  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.