Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling on samsung s6

roxio760
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all   Really needing some help here with getting the wi-fi calling to work .  i bought my phone through vodafone and i am on a red tariff.   when i go into Tap Settings from the dropdown menu. Scroll down to the Application icon and tap. Tap Phone, then scroll down until you see WiFi Calling and tap the box next to it. A pop-up will appear asking to confirm if you want to enable WiFi Calling. the thing is i don't have the option to turn on wifi calling  what i have is enriched calling  then under that it is CALL + 

thanks  Stevie

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Did you get the phone directly from Vodafone and not say perhaps from an independent such as Carfone Warehouse ?

If nothing in the following links helps then I would suggest speaking with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat from a computer to have your account side checked. 

Also a member of staff in a Vodafone store maybe able to look at your phone. 

Links > 

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-a-Samsung-Galaxy-A5-2016-S6-or-S6-edge-S7-S7-edge-or-Note-7.

Vodafone Calling over wifi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi m8 thanks for the reply  .  yes bought it from vodafone  online .. it is just not giving me the option to turn on wifi calling  this is the options i have 

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @roxio760

To set up Wi-Fi Calling, follow these steps:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi
    • Go to Settings and choose the Wi-Fi icon to connect to an available Wi-Fi network, such as your home Wi-Fi or a public hotspot
      Ensure you have latest software on your phone
    • To update your software, go to Settings-> About device-> Software update-> Update now
  2. Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
    • Text the word CALLING to 97888
      This is a free text which will add the service to your account
    • You should receive the following confirmation text:
      Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
    • If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
  3. Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
    • Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
    • Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
    • A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK

You're now ready to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi.

Please note that Wi-Fi Calling takes effect only when the mobile signal in your area is poor or non-existent and you‘re connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Thanks,

Viki