Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activiation

Musicman100
4: Newbie

Hi my broadband should have be live yesterday so waiting. They say hopefully by Monday. Not great when we live in a rural area with limited mobile!!. It sounds like the problem other people mention no ip address assigned. Spoke to three different people this morning on the phone for an hour still don't know when it will be sorted not a great start.

27 REPLIES 27

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Musicman100 wrote:

I get, a flashing white then solid white for about three seconds and then I lose the ip address.

That's not what you said originally, and I asked a couple of times if it had changed, but you declined to answer.

You said this today:

@Musicman100 wrote:

Day 11 with still no Internet!!!  Technically support still no help. Spent another 3 hours on the phone!/chat. Sent me a new router over the weekend but still better.

Still getting flashing red light!!

Yes I did.

Its a flashing red light. Briefly it goes flashing white and solid white for about three seconds but then goes back to red flashing.

A couple of people on here has had the same issue but no one has, said what the problem is. Clearly Vodafone don't know either!!

Jayach

It sounds like it may be trying to update it's firmware and failing.

Did you try a factory reset as suggested.

@Ripshod wrote:

Try a reset via the pinhole at the back. Hold it in for a good 10 seconds. 

Although as you now have 2 routers, that shouldn't be the problem.

15 days with no activation. Level 2 support don't really do much!! Finally yesterday the case got given to level 3 but still no answer!! Its not great the service from Vodafone.  They still can't tell me what the problem is or when it will be fixed.  Still saying its a router problem even after sending me a new one!!!

Jayach

@Musicman100 wrote:

Still saying its a router problem even after sending me a new one!!!

I can see why they are saying that. If it goes from flashing white to solid, it means it's connected to Vodafone and been authenticated, but it it then appears to reset itself. (That's why I think it may be trying to update its firmware)

But to have the same problem on 2 different routers makes no sense.

Have you got any other routers there?

Day 19 still no Internet nobody seems to know  what the problem is. Went up to level three last Wednesday then goes back to level  two - reset router etc then referred to level three back to two and each time says 24 hours.  But getting no further!! Vodafone get your act together. Surely someone should be able to solve the problem!!

Jayach
@Jayach wrote:
Have you got any other routers there?

Jayach

Duplicate post