Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Answer to a simple question (I think)

mps846
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I have attempted to speak to Vodafone via chat and was met with some extremely contradictory and nonsensical response (see below).

Basically, all I need to know is if superfast 2 is always FTTC, therefore is plugged into the phone line as "traditional" broadband (as I have had before) and it is not FTTP (which requires the ONT box)? The property in question has both setup, but no power supply for the ONT box and vodafone instructions show both options (but say an engineer would be needed for ONT, despite getting an email today with only ONT instructions which says  engineer is needed)

Vodafone support first told me yes it is FTTC, then checked my account and said it is FTTP, then told me an engineer will sort it, said there is no engineer scheduled, which is stated on repeated correspondence, then went round the houses as this message seemed to not sink in, followed by an offer to raise a case with outreach (which at most would be for a power supply, which I can buy) and then I just gave up. So before I attempt to speak on the phone, was wondering if anyone knew a simple answer?

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Superfast can be supplied supplied over FTTC or FTTP. Where both are present FTTP is used in preference as that is a requirement by Openreach as they are trying to phase the FTTC (copper cables) out.

If the FTTP is not Openreach but Cityfibre, then they will still use the FTTP as that seems to be Vodafone's preference.

If the power supply for the ONT is missing then I would presume Openreach will provide a new one as that is really part of the installation.

Brilliant, that makes sense. Thank you. I assume I speak to vodafone to sort the power supply issue? or is it possible to simple buy these power supplies (or is there a wide variety of different units and therefore many different power supplies)?

Jayach

I would just tell Vodafone, I don't know exactly what kind of power supply it is. (I don't have FTTP here:Sad_face:)

They will (hopefully) make sure an Openreach engineer is assigned to the installation.

Sure, thanks again.

Currently chatting to them now.