Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Internet After Fibre Install

CarolineCarr30
4: Newbie

I upgraded to fibre on Weds. Engineer carried out the line switch no problems and said everything should be connected and working by tea time. Day 3 now and no internet/WiFi.

I've spoken to multiple teams/experts at Vodafone. It was a faulty cable so they sent a new one. It's not that. Router needed reconfiguring. They tried that and it's not that. Lost count of how many times they've asked me to hard reset the router and power off, unplug etc. It's not that.

I suggested could it be the router that was faulty as that's the only thing that hadn't been suggested. It was working perfectly before the switch but you never know. Guess what? I now have a faulty router so they've sent me a new one out to receive on Saturday. I'm not convinced it's going to resolve the issue as it hadn't been mentioned prior to me offering the question.

Just feel completely fobbed off and I really don't think they know what the issue is. For confirmation power, PON and LAN green lights on ONT are green and constant. LAN cable connected to WAN port. All lights on router other than internet which is flashing red. 

I'm just going round in circles with them. They have said something about the order not being completed by the activations team. Not sure what that means. When I speak to the activation team they're just going through the same troubleshooting checks as the WiFi experts team.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Was it resolved? How was it resolved? Feel completely let down by Vodafone. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with their broadband for the last 2 years and the minute I agree to upgrade to fibre it goes wrong and they can't give me a straight answer or resolution.

I'll also add that it's the middle of the school holidays, I'm supposed to be working from home but now have to go into work. Meaning I have to arrange childcare for my son who now can't use anything in the house to occupy him. Nightmare!

15 REPLIES 15

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay with your activation @CarolineCarr30, hopefully everything will be fine when you receive your new router.

Hi Mark.

They haven't sent a new router. I haven't even had any courier details so that was basically a lie?

Still no internet since 31st July. Sent pictures of the ONT and router on 2nd Aug. Asked me to send the same thing again today. Multiple hard resets etc etc.

Hit a brick wall with the tech support now. They clearly don't know what the issue is and can't resolve it. Am I better off cancelling the contract and going elsewhere?

I am sorry that this has not been a great experience or journey with us so far @CarolineCarr30 We're unable to comment on whether or not a cancellation is best. What we can suggest is that you reach out to the Broadband Team again and ask for this issue to be escalated. If you have an open complaint, they can escalate this to a higher team who will be able to look into this further and help get everything resolved for you. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You say you have done multiple hard resets of the router, but have you done a reset to factory settings?

Try doing one from the routers firmware, whilst it has the wan connected to the ONT. Jayach_0-1711710736214.png

How do you do that please? How do you access that web page?

Tried putting the number from the router into the browser but I just get a black screen. It doesn't load.

Considering someone from Vodafone said they had remotely rebuilt my router to try and solve the issue I would have thought this would have been checked by them?

I would treat anything Vodafone tells you with a large pinch of salt, if they were able to rebuild the router, it should be working.

From what you have said, I'm assuming you have the THG3000 router, and the instructions for accessing the setup are on the bottom.

It would involve typing 192.168.1.1 into the URL of the browser and using the password printed on the bottom.

If that isn't working, try holding the reset button in for at least 10 seconds, whilst the WAN port is connected to the ONT.

Yes I'm realising that now. Been told tonight the router isn't talking to Vodafone. It's one different reason after another.

It is the THG3000. Gone through pressing the reset with them about 15 times. It doesn't make a difference. Just have to hope the new router solves it which is coming Monday now and not Saturday as promised 

CarolineCarr30
4: Newbie

Just an update to my thread. We're now a full week since the upgrade to fibre and we still haven't received a service.

The last update was 'faulty Openreach wires'. They haven't said what wires and the connection into the house looks fine. Not really a good enough explanation at this stage.

Last night they added unlimited data to my back up dongle despite me telling them that the dongle hasn't worked since the upgrade because it's plugged into the router. Apparently she has changed some settings to make it work. It doesn't.

So far it's been a faulty ethernet cable, faulty router, router needs rebuilding and faulty Openreach wires. I'll wait to see what they come with next.

I must say they've been really efficient at billing me for a fiber service that hasn't actually worked yet though. Credit to them for that!