Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect password

Froggy59
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have been informed that today is the activation date for my service but when typing in the password to devices I keep getting the incorrect password message. For devices where I can scan the QR code or use WPS I seem to be able to get a connection but it's a problem for devices where this cannot be done.

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You are probably typing the password wrong. They can be quite complicated. if you have a device that you have already connected, then log in to the router at http://192.168.1.1 (using the other password on the router) and go to the Wi-Fi tab and scroll down to the bottom, click the Display Characters button and check it's what you think it is. I like to copy it and paste it to a text document, for future reference.

Hi Thanks for the reply but I checked my typing of the password several times. The only thing that I can think I could have typed incorrectly was that I did not leave a space between the 4 groups of 4 characters and typed them as a single string

Jayach

It is correct to not type the spaces, It's just broken up like that for our benefit.

If you use a QR code scanner on a phone, you should be able to confirm the password that way.

I am having the same issue - all of a sudden cannot type in password, QR code fine. Its a problem as a new phone needs WIFI typed in as you cannot access the camera.

Jayach

Does the new phone not have WPS? Why does the camera on the new phone not work?