Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Laptop/tv pairing

richardtalsarna
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I enable laptop to tv pairing? It wasn't a problem with previous I.P. router but doesn't seem to work with Vodafone,

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Err, true laptop to TV pairing would be a WiFi-direct connection, which does involve the router at all!

If you've previously been accessing services across your WiFi network, then so long as both devices are now connected to your router, you shouldn't have to change anything!

I think he is talking about DLNA and SAMBA not being enabled by default in Share Settings under the Sharing menu. 

I believe those only effect sharing on the USB ports. To be honest I can't work out what the OP means.

With a Talktalk router- I would on the laptop go system/display/connect to another wireless device- it would find the tv and I would click on tv and laptop appears on tv. With Vodafone router-connect to another wireless device & it doesn't find the tv BUT both devices ARE connected to router.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In most cases, this is a WiFi-direct connection.  The way its done is a bit of a fudge but it should still work even if there is no router!

It tends to work better using the "project" option rather than the "connect" option.

So basically what you are trying to do is miracast or use wireless projection to send the screen from your laptop to your tv without using a HDMI cable.

Normally you would have to initiate and put the tv into miracast mode first, it's the same with any other device that is connected like a Roku or FireTV. Then when you connect it just does it, the Vodafone router won't block this as I do this all the time using my smartphone.

Thanks for your reply-you are absolutely correct in what I am trying to achieve. As before with Talktalk router ,on pc go settings/system/display-connect to wireless display & it would find the tv. With Vodafone it doesn't find any other devices

Following your reply have gone into tv "connect" which just adds to my confusion in mentioning Intel Widi, Miracat which refers to Windows, Smartshare download fromlge.com.  But nothing seems to work.

IF I look at system/devices it list lgtv & Vodafone hub BUT says not connected, but they clearly are linked by Wifi.

I am at a loss,  but thanks anyway.