Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need earlier activation date

JamieG66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi is there anyone from Vodafone who can help. I. am supposed to be moving house 31 March but the earliest activation date to move internet is only 6 April. Apparently as earliest engineer slot available. I then got an email saying good news no need for engineer to come now. So I spent ages on Vodafone chat to say please can we start broadband from earlier date only to be told they cant? If I cant have it started from when move in will probably have to cancel as need for working from home.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When they say no need for engineer, they mean no need for engineer to come to the house. The Openreach engineer still needs to connect the line from the house to Vodafone.

Unfortunately the same will apply for any ISP, so you are unlikely to get it installed by someone else in time. (but do at least try in case I'm wrong)

Is there any possibility, if you find out who they are using at the moment, you could speak to that ISP and take over the line?

Effie

Hey @JamieG66 I hope you're well 😊 I can certainly appreciate the need for a live connection before you move. As @Jayach explained, even though an engineer is not required to access your property, we still need one to switch your services on.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide earlier appointment slots as the appointment date and time given will be the earliest available. The appointment slots are provided to us by Openreach directly and as they also provide engineers to other providers, it is unlikely that you will get an earlier appointment by looking elsewhere. Most providers require at least a 2 week notice for this reason.