Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet

Sayed333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a nightmare week with Vodafone!

It's been a week now since my full fibre installation and still no internet. 

I rang up on the day and advised promised me I would be on my midnight

I've had like 20 webchats and 15 calls and no-one seems to know what is happening and they won't send an engineer out. Everyone keeps telling to press reset button; I must have done this 1000 times. I have all green lights on except for Alarm . Router still keeps flashing red on the internet. I've purchased and tried a different ethernet cable. No-one can give an answer.

28 REPLIES 28

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you tried factory resetting the router (hold the button in for at least 10 seconds) whist it is physically connected to the ONT.

In this past week alone, through speaking to all these different advisors, I must have reset my router like 200 times. Everyone keeps saying they are reconfiguring my router. Still no luck. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sayed333 - I hope your line is active now. If it isn't then please send my team a message on Social Media and we can check the stage that the activation is at from our side. 

CarolineCarr30
4: Newbie

Hi.....just interested to know if and how this was resolved for you. I'm having exactly the same issue, just going round in circles with different departments doing the same troubleshooting. Don't know what to do next

RUBYEMURRAY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I'm in the same position you were. Fibre installed and still no Internet 7 days later. Umpteen phone calls and still not connected.  How long did it take for you yo get connected?

I should be connected. Order has now been completed with the activation team but still nothing. They're sending me a new router due to arrive tomorrow which they said will definitely solve the problem but I'm not convinced. I'll keep you updated. I'm fast losing patience with them

Caroline 

Hi. They sent me a new router still the same issue no Internet.  Just had a phone call promising the 6th of Aug for Internet connection. Very frustrating,  especially during school holidays. 

Vodafone have regularly crashed my UltraHub on a daily basis (sometimes twice a day) due to software upgrades. Rather that reboot I have to to the Reconnect button on the UI to force it to re-authenticate (takes a min or 2).

If you download the logfile (text) you should see 

Notice CHAP authentication succeeded
02.08.2024 00:37:48 system Info CHAP authentication succeeded: CHAP authentication success
02.08.2024 00:37:48 system Debug rcvd [CHAP Success id=0x1 "CHAP authentication success"]

If you don't see this then you aren't getting connected and no internet and red light, the lights on the ONT will still be on but you aren't getting authenticated, its the first step to getting internet. If it fails you have the wrong userid/password configured (or rather voda do). It took about an hour before my router connected when it was first installed

Hi Ruby.  Let me know how you get on and what they are saying the problem is.

The new router was supposed to arrive yesterday and hasn't although after reading your experience I suspect it's not going to work anyway. 

Not really sure what the advice is after that. How long do we wait for the issue to be fixed?