cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still No internet 10 Weeks after Go live date of the 9/3/22 - with no activation date in sight

krisbattye
4: Newbie

This has to be the worst service i have ever gotten.

I work in IT and i have never had to deal with such a poor service in my 27 years of working and dealing with service providers.

Promise after promise broken. Blaming City Fibre.

Wait another 24 hours . . wait another 24 hours, oh it will be resolved within 10 days . . . . . .

Currently waiting for the next lame excuse!!

Apparently there's an issue on the pole right outside my house and needs an engineer visit . . i could climb the pole in 10 minutes so why take 21 days . . ..  the engineer must be walking here from australia!

Anyone else getting such a poor crap service?

26 REPLIES 26

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@krisbattye wrote

Anyone else getting such a poor crap service?

Everyone gets the same crap service, (If you read the posts on here) you are not special.:Sad_face:

Is this a new install or do you have a fault? Sorry didn't read the heading fully.

Are CityFibre using poles where you are, I thought they were all ducts?

MarkD

Hi @krisbattye, it doesn't sound like you've had the best experience trying to get the broadband service installed. If you drop our broadband team a message on Twitter or Facebook, they'll be able to review this and check for any updates. The social media details can be found here

Ive done both and been on the phone for hours and got no where.

Seriously had enough, looking at ofcom and talking to the press on the appauling service they are giving everyone!

When did you last send us a message using Facebook or Twitter? We know that you've previously tried to message us, we could do with you sending us a new message please and if you could include your Community username or a link to this post, that would be really helpful. 

the last message received after chasing this again was monday 28th with still no sign of this being fixed in the near future.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming this @krisbattye 👍 I can see you contacted us via Facebook messenger earlier today, one of our team will be in touch as soon as we reach your message. We're a little busier than usual, so it may take a while for us to reach you. Thanks for your patience

thanks but im not going to hold my breath. 😉

Its been failed promises for 20 days now and i have lost all confidence in this farce

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've taken a look at your conversation with us via Messenger @krisbattye, I can see one of my colleagues has left an update on your issue in the last 30 minutes. We'll continue to monitor this situation and keep you up to date on City Fibre's progress in getting this issue resolved and your service up and running again.

Hi Mark,

Clearly City Fibre are stringing you along now! this cannot go on any longer now!!

Ofcom and the national press are me next avenues to follow