Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Use existing openreach rather than new cityfibre network

dbwd
1: Seeker

Two years ago I had a contract with TalkTalk, who installed openreach fibre to the property, they've left an openreach customer service point on the outside of the house and a fibre -> ethernet box inside my house. Vodafone seem to have agreements with both openreach and cityfibre, they've booked a cityfibre installation to my house. Is it not possible to just use the existing openreach infrastructure? Seems like a waste to have someone come out to re-fit fibre infrastructure if it's possible to use the existing (current FTTP) hardware.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As far as I know, Vodafone will always use CityFibre in preference to Openreach. The exact reason, I don't know, but I suspect it is to do with what they pay the respective suppliers.

Thanks

How does that apply in my context. Moving from a Cityfibre area to a non CF area - Can I cancel without incurring any charges (because Voda can't provide 500mb/1Gb in a non CF area)

Jayach

I think you need to contact Vodafone directly and ask.

If the new area has Openreach full fibre (FTTP), they will probably expect you to move to that, however if only FTTC is available there, definately they should let you leave.