cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Previous provider preventing activation of account.

Hammerttennis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I believe transferring my broadband to Vodafone is the worst thing I could have done: after over eight hours of effort (six yesterday towards the end of my account activation day, 2 today) I am being told that my previous supplier is preventing vodafone from taking over the line!  In the nicest possible way!!!!    If I had been told this yesterday, I would not have been happy to have been told that I might be without internet for up to 2 days, but I would not have wasted so much effort solving the problem- at least I do have internet as demonstrated by this message, albeit that no one can explain how since my account is yet to be activated.  The real inconvenience is that I can not use any Smart devices, this being because I do not know the password for wifi I am using!

I did ask about the complaints procedure only to be asked what I expected to get from it!  WOW!!!!!!

How is it that communications organisations are so bad at communicating; take the conversation I had with the engineer today- I was blessed that my description of the symptoms were recognised by her immediately; take the lack of any proactive communication on the problem Vodafone was having wih the line transfer; take the various "blind alley" menu options on the telephone query system; take the robotic chat " thingy" that can answer only the simplest of queries.  I think I will regret signing up with Vodafone for a long time

4 REPLIES 4

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Hammerttennis  Are you still within the cooling-off period? If so, you are free to go to another ISP. Have you contacted the previous ISP to see what their excuse could be?

guess I may be in the cooling period, and as such I could reverse out.  However, I have moved provider for good reason - in the hope that I will get a better service (I had been suffering signal loss/drop outs) for less.  I am looking for an easy time.  I can live with the possible 2 day delay (only because I have managed to create a route for comms. in the interim.  If this wasn't the case, I would be looking at other ISPs.

As for contacting the previous ISP for a statement regarding the delay, that would only take more of my time, and to what end?

Jayach

@Hammerttennis wrote:

The real inconvenience is that I can not use any Smart devices, this being because I do not know the password for wifi I am using!

If you are using the Vodafone THG3000 router, the router and Wi-Fi passwords are written on the bottom.

If you are not using the Vodafone router how are you poating here?

Jayach

Obviously poating should read posting, we really need a bit longer to correct our posts.