Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4ghz and latest router unable to connect to this years latest cctv camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alas after many conversations with Vodafone support i never got a an answer to the problem i am on the latest router, i should have gone to sky or did they copy the BT router as well ? when i was on BT i had the exact same problem , unable to split the 5 and 2.4 settings i think they believe that everything is set at 2.4, alas my latest i mean this years design is still on 2.4 GHz and i cant get it to connect IE router not found message, i would pull out my hair but an update or BT guy switching off the system i lost all my 2.4 switches again, i cannot wait for my contract to end with Vodafone , i will be moving to a company that has a 2.4 frequency my items can attach to and also a 5 and 6 GHz support alas is a nightmare and i gave up i had hoped any updates they had done was to allow a quick switch to 2.4 maybe on the guest frequency or Vodafone frequency and leave the premium to run on 5 & 6 but no luck my item was a CCTV camera this years model now sent back as i cannot get it to join the party as its frequency was 2.4 GHz i know many people have the same problem 

23 REPLIES 23

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Anonymous wrote:
Alas after many conversations with Vodafone support i never got a an answer to the problem i am on the latest router, i should have gone to sky or did they copy the BT router as well ?

Nobody "copies" the BT router, each ISP very much "does their own thing".

However, for simplicity of configuration and support, most ISPs seem to like to keep the routers bands joined, and autoconfigure the channels.

I don't know just what configuration settings the Ultra router has, but a simple solution may be to get an access point and use that for the 2.4GHz channel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

alas i did try that but every time the system updates the access point looses connection and i have to reload every one back in i know isps do their own thing, but i do know vodaphone and sky piggyback on the bt fibre and i got the very same thing with the bt router as i get with the Vodafone router  no facility to split 5 and 2.4 it has the same format as the bt router and it does not like third party access points i've tried alas, thanks for replying  but alas we need Vodafone to a: supply previous version hub (which had the ability to switch off 5g on a frequency  or B: update the firmware to allow on the guest frequency to change to 2.4 only  i know ive had this conversation with tech and customer service and it went around in circles for three weeks no solution was ever done being disabled i found infuriating have to go upstairs on stairlift to switch it off then on again come back down and its hung up

Cynric

@Anonymous  I don't know if this is any use, but there are remote controlled (WiFi or radio signal) mains electricity adaptors so you may be able to do the reset without having to user the stairlift. I had a relative in a similar situation as yours. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

alas most work on 2.4ghz and it is difficult to get them to work 

Cynric

@Anonymous  There are a number that are not WiFi otherwise I would not have suggested it. As I said I have experience of them with my relative.

Jayach

@Anonymous wrote:
alas i did try that but every time the system updates the access point looses connection and i have to reload every one back in 

Not sure I quite follow this.

Whatever happens on the router, as long as the SSID (Wi-Fi) name doesn't change, (and not forgetting the access point could have a totally different name to the main router) all the devices should continue to work. (unless they are requiring port forwarding)

CrimsonLiar

Kind of think we are at the stage where we'd need to know which Vf router you have - I'd assume the THG3000 (VOX30) - and the make and model of the cameras.

Anonymous
Not applicable

latest model with fibre ,cams annke (hikvision) also wifi dongle, in kitchen, sometimes doorbell, wifi camera pan and tilt on wall, have noticed signal seems to drop when i anticipate high usage of fibre and bathroom scales cannot get them to reconnect and clock just a warning this is a 5ghz signal and the unit is 2.4 ghz all exactly the same as the bt hub

Ripshod

What's got my attention is the mention of updates. I'll assume the OP means reboots as updates are rare on Vodafone.

If settings get lost on a reboot then the router has a fault, no matter which model it is.

I suggest a test with a third party router (double NAT) won't matter for testing. If the OP doesn't have one they can beg, steal, or borrow one just for a test.