Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon fire stick connection drop

Karl_john
2: Seeker

Hi I recently joined Vodafone full fiber broadband but I'm having problems with my amazon fire stick losing connection after about 30min of it running perfectly. Everything els is working OK although when what's app face timing last night the connection was rubbish even tho I'm sat within 1/2m from the router and the stick is within 3m directly in front of it. I've contact Vodafone 3 times now with in the last 24hrs. First I was told it was a firmware needed update on the router, then it was that the fire stick wasn't compatible with the 5GHZ which it is. Now I'm been told I need to contact amazon but I've never had a problem in the 3years I've had the stick until we switch to Vodafone on Tuesday.  I've seen a few post on here with the same sort of problems but I can't see how it was fixed. Cheers 

10 REPLIES 10

Karl_john

I've had to bite the bullet and get a Ethernet adapter for it as everything I tried didn't work. One thing I did find tho is if I moved it up stairs it was fine. Fitted it a couple of hours ago and it's working.