Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annoyed with Vodafone (Disconnections)

Neilsouth
4: Newbie

For nearly a month now I've been having disconnections throughout the day, and at night, sometimes it will go on for 10 hours, other times it will disconnect when everything speed wise is fine. For example one night it went down 5 times, and then three times during the early hours.

ROUTER IS PLUGGED INTO TEST SOCKET, COMPUTER USES A WIRED/INTERNET CONNECTION

ROUTER DISCONNECTIONS FROM BROADBAND INTERNET (NOT RELATED TO WIFI)

1) I contacted Vodafone who at the time where happy to help, could see the line drop outs and sent out an engineer pretty much the day after. 

2) The engineer visited, did a line test, visited the exchange and upon testing the line with the router, could see it was the ROUTER that was at fault, as every other test was fine.

3) He told me to contact by 3pm and instruct Vodafone to send a new router, as the engineer's notes would've been with them by now.

4) I contacted by 3, Vodafone said no notes, try Friday... I tried Friday no notes they said try Saturday, I tried Saturday said I should wait up to 5 days... I then contacted live chat on Monday and yet again they said the fault was still open, and I was told to contact BT OPENREACH.

5) I specifically said again, again AND AGAIN the Engineer said the router was faulty, I just want a new router to be sent out, but because for some reason nobody has the notes, they wont send one out. And because of this will have to put up with the disconnections.

I've never had a problem with Vodafone before and always praised them highly, but in this instance I'm being fobbed about A LOT... All I want is a new router, otherwise that's one test I can't do :Sad_face:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Neilsouth 

Sounds like the notes the engineer has advised he added haven't for some reason remained on your account.

I'd suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can push for a new router for you.

I've come across similar threads to yours and some users have opted to use a 3rd part router to replace their Vodafone option. I'm not suggesting you should but though it worth mentioning.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Neilsouth 

Sounds like the notes the engineer has advised he added haven't for some reason remained on your account.

I'd suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can push for a new router for you.

I've come across similar threads to yours and some users have opted to use a 3rd part router to replace their Vodafone option. I'm not suggesting you should but though it worth mentioning.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks to your help and advice, probably not without your help actually, I would not have got a new router!

Vai**: I am arranging a new router for you , i would request you to please help me full address and full name and contact number please .

This person via chat was the ONLY one to actually push through a new router, so grateful to all really. Let's hope this fixes my issues!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Neilsouth wrote:

Let's hope this fixes my issues!

I hope so too.

I was having similar issues and they sent me a new router, but they were unable to "provision"  it on my line. (Their word for registering it I believe). My problem finally turned out to be a faulty fibre port in the end.

Do let us know how you get on.

Ah thanks for that!

I guess a faulty fibre port would be something at their end on the exchange? :Smiling:

ps My router is the original rounded router, I think it's about 5 years old now?

Jayach

@Neilsouth wrote:

Ah thanks for that!

I guess a faulty fibre port would be something at their end on the exchange? :Smiling:

I believe it was in the street cabinet that the swap was made.

ps My router is the original rounded router, I think it's about 5 years old now?

I have the new router, let's hope they don't send you another original one as they apparently did for another poster on here.

Update!! USELESS BLOODY USELESS!

I was promised a new router last week, the guy was even pleased with my positive feedback and it seemed he hadn't had much lately. Waited and waited, no router turned up and tech team was complaining if I didn't contact them by phone they'd close the ticket. 

I phoned them up and no new router was promised and there was no engineer notes, so pretty much either everyone lied or just couldn't be bothered to be helpful. So upon my discussion the guy on the phone via tech team said an engineer would be sent out *BOOKED* by Wednesday 8am to 2pm and to mention to him in person that a new router must be added to the issues, and the engineer should put in his notes as such.

Guess what? I waited all bloody day from 8am till 5pm, with tech team chat saying an engineer would be with me soon, nobody turned up, and I couldn't talk to anyone regarding a new router. Absolute shambles, the worst Vodafone has ever been with me.

Just send me a new working router, it isn't that bloody difficult

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Neilsouth I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your connection and the engineer visit. If you haven't already, please feel free to pop our Social Media team another message to let them know you still need assistance and they'll be happy to help. Please let us know how you get on

Hi Beth, I did as you requested, Online Chat couldn't be bothered, just redirects me to Tech Team. I was on the phone for 50mins to tech team, ANOTHER Engineer coming out this Monday. So that's three Engineers now for a router? 

Try and beat mine. 7th engineer came out yesterday. Had drop outs since October. Fair play to the guy Tried to look for errors at the exchanges and replaced some cables in the phone line pole in our street

and today about 5 drop outs of connection...amazing