Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asus RT-86U with Openreach full fibre

jazzerno1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

So I’ve been around the houses with Vodafone, and had them give me the username multiple times to try and connect my router.  I’m getting no internet connection.  The Vodafone router works fine.  I’m connecting the Openreach to the WAN on the Asus, and I’m not trying to run the Vodafone router at the same time.  I’ve tried VIDs of 101 and 991 along with leaving it blank.  I’ve factory reset the router several times.  Still no internet connection to the router.  
I’ve read through lots of similar posts which revolve around Vodafone not giving the accurate login details, but I’ve had the same details cut and paste several times now.  

anyone got any good ideas?  Are there some settings I’m not thinking about?

thanks for your help in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I appear to have fixed the issue and have got a full internet connection now through the ASUS router.  The setting up changed that appeared to sort this was to disable “Use DHCP routes”   I did not have any values in the VID either.  

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Damrouter Hmm, let me get my head around this. Do you have two lines to the house until Zzoomm closes? The VF router doesn't work with other ISPs.

Yeah 2 different lines one for zzoomm with there own box and now one with bt open reach and there own box. Right now 2 routers are working Vodafone using BT and mine(Asus RT-AC88U) on zzoomm. I saw on your post that a similar model works which gives me hope the RT-AC86U

Cynric

@Damrouter Ah OK. Two lines and their own toys. I was getting crossed wires (pun intended). The AC86U should work, just drop it in the search box or read the long thread starting at the end. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/How-to-Set-up-a-third-party-router-with-voda...

Haha it's OK I appreciate your concern. Thanks for the help and I'll drop a message in the thread when I get mine to connect so you can add it to the list.  😀

Ripshod

The easiest set up with Asus, I've found, is to double-check your details and reset the router. Once it's back up and you log in you should be faced with the QIS (Quick Internet Setup). All you need to enter are username and password, everything else should be automatically done for you. 

Nice, that was the plan I love there software and app control. Plus I'm able to have so much connected to it before I run into issues. 

Damrouter
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@Ripshod @Cynric 

Thank you so much yeah it worked like a dream. No problems:)