Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed plummeted

Techguy1
4: Newbie

Hi

Since we have had Vodafone broadband for over a year now we have been able to get 48-49Mbps sync rate, but yesterday I noticed it had gone down to 18Mbps.  So I thought I would reboot the router only it didn't connect back up, it just got stuck on Initializing for nearly 2 hours then it came back at about 45Mbps.  This morning when I woke up it was back down to 15MBps and had been disconnecting in the morning my dad said. 

I have just left it at 15Mbps now as don't want to reboot and not have it at all.  I don't know why this only started yesterday, nothing has changed.  There seem quite a few error packets on the line, cant remember how many is normal though. 

Line Status: Connected
DSL Up Time: 0 days 6 hours 49 minutes
DSL Modulation Type: VDSL2
Annex Type: Annex A/L
Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 4253 15713
Max Rate (kbps) 3418 13034
SNR Margin (dB) 2.9 1.8
Line Attenuation (dB) 56 20.5
Errors (pkts) 1516 20052

Any ideas?
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Techguy1! It sounds like we'd need to check your line to ensure there are no faults. We're unable to access accounts over the forum, but please pop our Social Media a message and they'd be happy to investigate with you 🙂

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It sounds like a line fault, possibly a break in one of the wires. Does the phone work O.K.?

Yeah the phone works OK.  After a reboot its at 23 down and 7 up.  Upload is nearly back to normal, I think it used to be 7.9.  I tried chatting on the website but think I need to chat on Facebook or Twitter.

Jayach

@Techguy1 wrote:

but think I need to chat on Facebook or Twitter.

Good luck with that.:Sad_face:

Personally I would call them on 08080 034 515

Got it fixed yesterday, Openreach came out and fixed the cable from the pole, it broke as soon as he touched it apparently, years of corrosion he said.  Got back to 41mbps and a highish SNR so it should go higher and hopefully back to 49mbps where it was, but leaving it at the moment.