Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing the account holder for home broadband

DSR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I would need to transfer the contract and account ownership of my home broadband to my partner. 

I searched how to do this and in Vodafone Support website it says that "The person you transfer your number and contract to has to be a Vodafone Pay monthly account holder already" (https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-billing/My-account/Managing-your-account/1450592632/Can-I-tra...

How can we make for my patner to be a "Vodafone Pay monthly account holder"?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @DSR 

I am not sure that is not correct, when you transfer ownership of a mobile or broadband contract, the new owner will be responsible for the remaining time left on the contract. and, unless already a Vodafone customer, will need to pass the credit checking criteria and then take over the Vodafone contract.

There have been questions on the forum when a parent has taken out a contract for an under 18 and as soon as 18 is reached a change of ownership is done.

I am going to get some further clarification on this for you and will let you know the outcome.

@Ann, thanks for your help!

So my question is, how can I transfer the ownership of our home broadband to my partner (steps to follow)? If he needs to have a Vodafone account, how he can open it?

Thanks again.

MarkD

Hi @DSR 

We agree that the support pages are worded strangely and we'll be feeding this back. 

You can fill the Transfer of Ownership Form out here and we'll ask for the details of the new owner so we can do both an ID and a credit check.

Sorry for any confusion, if you fill in the form our dedicated Transfer of Ownership team will be in touch 😊 Let us know how you get on and let us know if you need anything else.