Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 to FTTP query

tomsever
3: Seeker

Hello all,

I would like to use the above Router instead of the Vodafone THG3000. I have a FTTP connection (Full Fibre 910+). Can you please advise what details I would need to know and what I would need to setup to make this Netgear Router as my main router? As far as I understand I need my own ISP login details or PPPoE login details? As well as setting up the Netgear Router in Bridged mode?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You'll need to contact Vodafone, preferably by text chat - so you can easily copy your PPPoE username (format:  dslXXXXXXXX@broadband.vodafone.co.uk) and password.  If your connection is via CityFibre you'll also need to set VLAN:911 on the WAN connection, if it's via OpenReach this is unnecessary.

You can then connect your router directly to the ONT/PON that'll have been mounted on the wall (you'll lose digital voice if you do this). That should be it, unless you are doing something more complex there should be no reason to do anything more!

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Hi Cynric,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am with vodafone cityfibre and have used the vlan id 911. I will ask for my user and password again. I have asked for it twice and they sent the same one both times. I asked for it twice as the formatting on the text they sent had the username with an extra character because of how the line split on the message, they were both the same though.

rawsy

all ONT lights are lit up and it is plugged in to the wan port of the router I am trying to use.