Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection dropping playing online games

aaron76
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So, my problems started around a month ago when my internet went down for almost 24 hours. Before this event happened my online gaming experience was such that i would experience frequent connection drop outs, game freezes and crashes. Then my internet went down completely. Since my service was restored, it's been up and down constantly with online games being completely unplayable with constant disconnects. I've tested my broadband service using the app, and also tested for dropouts and it's telling me it can't find any faults. However i'm clearly getting packet loss as i have an MTR  as proof. The service was actually ok for around two weeks, prompting me to sign another two year contract with vodafone. However, as  soon as i did that the problems resurfaced, and now i have a service that's only any good for browsing the web. Even youtube videos are buffering and dropping and streaming movies is the same. Please help!

PACKET LOSS.png

8 REPLIES 8

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@aaron76  We have to wait for your picture to be moderated. While we wait, are you on FTTP or FTTC? Check your router and turn off all settings for IPv6, it's been known to cause problems. Have you tried a factory reset at any time? Are you playing on a PC, Play Station or Xbox? Are videos, TV or Youtube having problems?

Cynric

@aaron76  Oh, your first step after the router (number 3) is Vodafone USA, no wonder you're having "fun".

https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/63.130.172.27

Have a (long) read of this https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-connection/Ping-Latency-way-higher-Gigafast-900/td-p/27102...

@Cynric Thanks for the response. I'm playing on PC and i'm on FTTP Superfast fibre 2. When my internet went down originally i did do a full factory reset on the router. I've had a little read of the topic you posted. Does that mean i'm being routed through USA??? A lot of this stuff is something i'm not very clued up on.

Thanks

Ripshod

You're mistaken. The first external hop is 90.240.192.1, which is BTLN09-BNG-C1, aka BIGFELLA South, or the Bristol gateway. With the state of Vodafone's Geolocation and out-of-date databases you can take "USA" with a pinch of salt. Sub 100ms pings would confirm that. 

Cynric

@aaron76 It seems I may have misread, I took the 90.xxx.xxx.xxx as your router. 😁

Cynric

@OlgaHerrera Why post a copy of @Ripshod post from March?

Ripshod

Plagiarism! Should I be flattered?

More likely just a Google search result ‌😂‌ 

OlgaHerrera
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thanks for the response. I'm playing on PC and i'm on FTTP Superfast fibre 2. When my internet went down originally i did do a full factory reset on the router. I've had a little read of the topic you posted. Does that mean i'm being routed through USA??? A lot of this stuff is something i'm not very clued up on.