Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dropped connections

Lee1976uk2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since moving to vodafone from bt getting constant drops in connection. Lots of errors in the logs. Spoke to tech support and they were useless. Wish i stayed with BT. What is a good third party router.

16:01:30

Category: system

2022/01/25 16:01:30 [warn] 6471#0: *112 [lua] session.lua:103: changeUser(): changing user to vodafone

16:01:24

2022/01/25 16:01:24 [error] 6471#0: *112 [lua] sessionmgr.lua:262: redirectIfNotAuthorized(): Unauthorized request

16:01:23

Category: data

failed to send packet: Network is unreachable

failed to send packet: Network is unreachable

Category: firewall

[168392.291526] DROP wan in: IN=pppoe-wan OUT= MAC= src=170.106.115.55 DST=84.64.72.128 LEN=52 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=49 ID=30864 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=31888 DPT=30009 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000

16:01:22

2022/01/25 16:01:22 [error] 6471#0: *112 [lua] sessionmgr.lua:262: redirectIfNotAuthorized(): Unauthorized request

16:01:07

failed to send packet: Address family not supported by protocol

16:01:07

failed to send packet: Address family not supported by protocol

32 REPLIES 32

Hi,

I was "chatting" to the online help earlier today and they confirmed the following:

We are rolling our full fibre broadband across the country. If it is not yet available in your area you can sign up to one of our Superfast plans, and we will upgrade you to our full fibre broadband technology at no extra cost, when it becomes available for your home. That's a promise.

The new/ replacement router solution was advised to me by others last June but I didn't follow that advice at the time as I'd hoped dropouts would "settle" in time...sadly they haven't.

Cheers.

:Smiling: Marketing b..........

You only get FTTP aka GPON when OpenReach (OR) get their act together and wire up your street/flat.
Vodafone has not got control over this at all.

Or where CityFiber is available :Winking_smiley:

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@THG3000-IPv6 wrote:

:Smiling:Marketing b..........

You only get FTTP aka GPON when OpenReach (OR) get their act together and wire up your street/flat.
Vodafone has not got control over this at all.

Or where CityFiber is available :Winking_smiley:

Yes Vodafone have no control over when full fibre gets installed around the country.

I have registered with both Openreach and CityFibre so as soon as my area is on their plans they should let me know.

Fibre First: Your future with broadband | Openreach

Homes | CityFibre

Jayach

@tomba59 wrote:

The new/ replacement router solution was advised to me by others last June but I didn't follow that advice at the time as I'd hoped dropouts would "settle" in time...sadly they haven't.

Cheers.

Obviously if you have a faulty router, only a replacement will cure it.

However that doesn't mean dropped connections will always be due to the router. When I first joined I was having terrible problems with dropped connections. They sent me a new router and it didn't make any difference.

Eventually it was traced to a faulty fibre port in the cabinet.

Thanks Jayach. They are testing the Cabinet etc over next 72 hours (from yesterday) and will 'phone me Monday hopefully with some sort of solution.

thanks to everyone for their advice and help.

Prior to joining vodafone i had a solid connection with bt. The only difference is the router. 

Can anyone recommend a third party router? I still have the bt hub, but thats locked to BT. 

Want a router that has better wifi coverage. 

Jayach

@tomba59 wrote:

Thanks Jayach. They are testing the Cabinet etc over next 72 hours (from yesterday) and will 'phone me Monday hopefully with some sort of solution.

thanks to everyone for their advice and help.

I wish I had more faith in Vodafone's support, but I don't.

If on Monday they haven't decided to call out Openreach or send a replacement router, start a new thread (it will be easier to follow what has been tried) and then we can try to find the root cause.

Any bets on whether they will call? I'm thinking no.

Bizarrely  they called me an hour ago.....I'd agreed with them that Monday was best time but that seems to have been ignored.

They wanted me to do "further checks". These checks were to disconnect my printer from internet LAN for 24 hours as well as "Vodafone 24****". The only Vodafone thing I have is the Router itself....so she suggested that it may be the WiFi Booster I bought after switching to fibre and finding that it didn't work upstairs (previous BBand did work). I then had to do a hard reset.

Will see if any of that makes a difference.

Jayach

The booster and printer will make no difference at all if the fault is the line dropping, which if you are seeing the internet light on the router going red whilst it's rebooting, is what is happening.

I've no idea what "Vodafone 24****". is, and I have to say I totally despair at the uselessness of Vodafone "support."

Do you have any telephone extension sockets or is it just the master socket you have?

Did you ever solve this? 
We have full fibre to the house.  After many many times trying to get VF to help us, I've given up.  We are still getting network drop outs regularly.