Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ethernet slow but wifi fast can use assistance when available

xTIxHoney
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there I have just got the 900mb plan and when I go onto the pc which is hooked up via wired ether net via plug sockets with this handy equipment I notice the speeds are only between 70-80mb download https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WPA4220KIT-Powerline-Configuration-Smartphone/dp/B00DHB2T44/ref=...

but when I goto wifi im getting like 500+mb I dont know if the diffreence is because it just got activated today but cant get my head around the diffrence anyone have this issue before ?

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Powerline adapter are often a bit "flaky". Are they both plugged directly in the wall sockets or have you got them in extension cables?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also with powerline systems, they can be tremendously slowed down if they have to pass through your fusebox, in such instances as the powerline adapters being on different floors.

Yes both plugged in directly to wall sockets also its only in next room I live in a flat so not that far just didnt have big enough cable to go under floor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so that is a bit weird!  One room away on the same floor, with good wiring I'd probably expect 500-600Mbps out of a Home AV2 1Gbps powerline system.  Kinda means I'd be looking at weird/old wiring or interference, though I have experienced powerline systems failing!