Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fabric broadband was installed today, but LOS is red, no connection at all

Aileenzhou666
3: Seeker

Totally lost connection after fabric broadband was installed yesterday morning. Contacted Vodafone, but was told that the connection will be activated in midnight. No, that's not the case.

Vodafone customer service is helpless; Openreach is not reachable.

Very frustrating!

14 REPLIES 14

Lucy_F

Hi @Aileenzhou666 sorry to hear you're facing this trouble. If you're still without service pop us over a message via our Social Media Team here and we can take a closer look into your activation. If your services have activated, and your still facing trouble with the connection, you can raise troubleshooting tests here, or contact our Broadband Support Team on 03333040191 or Live Chat here

A call from Vodafone was received this morning, which is appreciated. But I could barely hear what the caller spoke and very difficult to understand his strong Indian accent English.

I asked if he could email me what I need to do. He said he will come back to me in 2 minutes... Erm... Not yet after an hour... Will see if anyone will come back to get the problem fixed at some point soon.

BTW, I have to travel two hours to office for online meetings cos of internet issues at home.

Yes, he called me back eventually, saying it's not his department's job and I must call customer service team. So, back to square 1, ha!

I was told that any no service days will be compensated £5.83/per day. So, from 16-23 Jan. 2024, 7 days' no service, I am expecting to get £40.81 compensation.
However, I received £9.33 "compensation" today. So, I called customer service, spent over 20 minutes, then I was told I will get another £9.33 compensation in 30 days for the delayed service.
Information I received so far is very confusing, inconsistent and inaccurate. I want to get clarification from the customer service, but I was told: 'call us again in 30 days'.   

Hi @Aileenzhou666 You can find a breakdown of the Automatic Compensation scheme here. The £5.83 per day is for delayed activations, so for when your service isn't activated when we said would. £9.33 per day is for existing connections and the service stops working.

If you need more help on this, our team would be happy to offer some clarity - it's sounds like it's been a frustrating journey already! You can reach them on the channels found here.

Aileenzhou666

Update: called Vodafone yesterday, they promised AGAIN that connection will be ready midnight. Nothing happened (again) at midnight . So called Vodafone this morning... Cut long story short, after one hour talking and problem unresolved, I insisted on talking to manager because I have lost faith on Vodafone. Customer service staff read same script but incapable of getting problem fixed although they all are nice and polite.

Let's see what the manager may do. And how long it will take to have internet at home. It's been three days since fabric broadband was installed.

Will update later, sharing experience with other customers.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Aileenzhou666 

I think you are using the word fabric when it should be fibre, not a problem, but it is a bit confusing.

Thank you for spotting on the typo. 

It is very frustrating and annoying for no internet at home for almost one week 😭, and don't know when it could be fixed.

Update on 23rd January 2024.

The manager called last Thursday and got an engineer checked everything remotely, which I appreciate. An engineer from openreach was booked on the day, and he got the external connection problem fixed today. 

I was also told that non-connection days (from 16 January) will be compensated at £5ish per day.