Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre broadband failure. Useless support

Richardaj
1: Seeker

Upgraded to Fibre 2 weeks ago, having been using dsl for 4 years with not one problem. Fibre took 4 days to activate after open reach had installed, with Vodafone texting to apologise for the delay. Connection then dropped out 2 days ago. Contacted support the same morning via chatbot…. Email response received and nothing else. Contacted support, actually managed to speak to a human, who couldn’t do anything and eventually got a call from a call centre wanting to run through potential faults my end…. Thing is, it appears the router has a ppp error, which i suspect is an easy authentication fix at Vodafone’s end. In the mean time, we have no central heating as it’s WiFi controlled, only half our lights work ans they’re all ifttt  and I can’t work as my design software needs online authentication. How do I get Vodafone to actually fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If you've upgraded from Vodafone's fttc then it's quite possible that your old PPPoE details are "stuck" on the router. There's a good chance a factory reset may restore service (PPPoE details change as its classed as a new service).

While the router is running press the recessed reset button at the back for a good 10 seconds. 

No, was sent a replacement router with cat5 input.

Ripshod

Which routers do you have? Vodafone issue the THG3000 for all plans (fttc and fttp) except the Pro II. 

Ripshod

My point still stands. So soon after activation your router would be provisioned with your old PPPoE details. Vodafone will by now have changed those derails. 

Cynric

@Ripshod I know it was a typo, but "derails" does seem so fitting 😁