Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fire Stick getting no internet connection

Swilcock8
2: Seeker

Hi, as of today, my fire stick is not connecting to our home broadband. This has been working fine since I had the broadband installed over a year ago. Today it is saying that it is connected to the WiFi with good signal strength and “channel 11 quality” however there is no internet connection 

I have connected the stick to the internet via my phone becoming a hotspot but I am getting nothing on my home broadband - this tells me that the stick itself is fine 

I can see the stick in my Vodafone broadband app also 

32 REPLIES 32

Stand

Since getting fibre 1, I too can't get connection with any firestick 4k. Can't view prime video or download apps. Only with vodafone broadband, everything else works fine. Firestick does connect ok and speed test is verified ok, but will not view prime video or update.

Took firestick to friends house and all updated fine, all other apps work fine when installed I.e. disney plus, netflix etc.

Issue is only with firestick, as a workaround I installed Kodi on firestick and installed prime video app in kodi and works perfectly. Full 4k HDR and Atmos sound all fine through Kodi, the moment I try through firestick prime video, blue ring and error 5001.

Definatly an issue with vodafone broadband with amazon firestick. Kindle is fine as is prime video on any other media player. Weird one.

Run it through Kodi if your having an issue, although the interface is poor, you can install prime on a tablet to select watch list.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As you say, a weird one, but why you decided to reopen a 2 year old thread, instead of starting your own seems weird too.

However, the only thing I can thing of is it's a problem with the content controls. so to bypass them try changing your DNS settings.

Jayach_0-1678377781799.png

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:

As you say, a weird one, but why you decided to reopen a 2 year old thread, instead of starting your own seems weird too.

Sorry about that.

Because of the changes to the forum software, I hadn't noticed that this thread has been being added to over the intervening time, so not so weird after all. 🤣