Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting nowhere...... broadband issues

tessie860
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Several weeks ago, whilst investigating a fault with our broadband, the Openreach engineer noticed we were connected to the wrong cabinet and if we moved our line, we would significantly improve our broadband, our copper wires passed through the near cabinet, they just needed to be connected to the fibre. He said 'just give vodafone a ring & I'll send my notes through'. To make this change requires a 'cease & reprovide'.

Since then we have spoken to 15+ people at Vodafone, wasted near to 30 hours on the phone, never received promised call backs and listened to platitudes about how valued we are. Not once did we speak to anyone who demonstrated any knowledge of what we were requesting, took any ownership of the situation or instilled any confidence in us. A very long story short, Vodafone have managed the 'cease', have not actioned the 're-provide' - when questioned on it, they are unable to confirm anything, we go round and round in circles. Time frames quoted for being offline range from same day to 15 days - every time we call we get the stock answer that 'nothing can be done' (right back to a fault a month or so ago) as no one bothers to even read the notes. Can it really be the entire customer service team is incompetant? And the hours on hold with the same music! In short we feel desperate, broad band is critical for our work and we currently see no way of resolving this.

I'm posting here in the vain hope that someone may pick it up and help us. For those of you reading this and considering moving your broadband to Vodafone, don't, it was a decision we are now deeply regretting. I also feel very naive and foolish for giving them my trust to put this right. 

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

A typical story of Vodafone "support".

If you are out of contract with Vodafone it may be faster to swap to another supplier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It kinda makes me wonder what the regulator must think of Vodafone's (nearly non-existent) support and the fact that if you pay 50% for the "Pro" broadband, VF are now claiming you can get real customer support!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tessie860, I'm sorry you're having issues getting your connection back up and running again and I'm sorry for the experience you've had with us. It's not what we intend for our customers to experience at all. We're unable to discuss accounts over the forum as it's public and we need to keep your information safe. 

To discuss your account and get this set back up again, please contact our customer services team via 191 from a Vodafone phone, 03333 040191 from any other standard UK phone (standard call charges apply), or through live chat services here.

Jayach

@Beth wrote:

or through live chat services here.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jayach All links to live chat are processed through Tobi first. Tobi is still learning and we're improving him everyday. 

Our social media team isn't able to process sales. As in this case, we would need to re-commit the broadband again; this would need to be processed through a sales agent on the phone, through live chat services or through the website itself

Jayach

Yes, I'm aware live chat is so much more capable that the social media channels, I just don't understand why Vodafone make it so difficult to use.

Cynric

Why? Because it is cheap.

VF would have to spend more money to deliver any meaningful service.

As an update to this sorry tale - Vodafone now say they can't reprovide. OK - fine we'll go somewhere else - I thought... it will be a welcome break to spending hours on the phone to Vodafone nearly in tears with frustration.

Sadly, not an option. There is now no line available for anyone else to connect to. Somewhere, someone has messed up - how can this be the intended consequence? Openreach will get back to me within 28 days - so that's good!

I'm at a loss, more desperate than I was before with hopes dashed of having broadband in the forseeable! Also incredulous that such poor customer service is even possible without intent.