Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VDSL speed suddenly dropped below minimum

PeterGillham2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What is going on ?

My superfast 2 connection suddenly dropped to 33MBS (as reported by router VDSL speed) - anyine any ideas ?

Online support wants me to change my router Wifi settings as that will "surely solve the problem" 🙂

(I run ethernet cable only from router)

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it "as reported by VDSL SPEED" is what you see using either the Vodafone App or by logging into the router and finding that info in the Web Admin pages.  If that is the case then this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your WiFi settings - it is the speed between your router and the cabinet you are connected to.

The only thing you can really try for yourself is to power down the router for 30 minutes before powering it back up.  If that doesn't work - and it's unlikely to - all you can do is contact VF support again, tell them where the problem lies, and then follow whatever idiot solutions they suggest, up to the point where they realise what they are telling you is not working!

If the solutions they come up with don't work then just keep badgering them until you get to speak with someone in possession of more than a single brain cell!

Magically it all came back to normal speed - Vodafone say they didn't do anything !

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@PeterGillham2 wrote:

Magically it all came back to normal speed - Vodafone say they didn't do anything !

For once, I believe they are telling the truth. LOL

gipjon

I must confess that comment did make me laugh 

Anonymous
Not applicable

For most companies, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!  I kinda suspect though that Vodafone probably use a battery-powered LED clock instead.... *Think about it*

So another update - My VDSL speed (as reported by router web interface and VF app) dropped again - VF are now blaming my master socket faceplate - even though I have removed it and used a microfilter to show no difference - Now they have eventually passed the issue to Openreach who are going to visit me to check the line.

I just don't get VF support - each different support person seems to have a different opinion - there doesn't seem to be a "read customer notes to see what's gone on before and then proceed to next step" - is always lets start at square one and waste time doing all the checks over again and hope the customer gets bored and gives up with support

Jayach

@PeterGillham2 wrote:

I just don't get VF support - each different support person seems to have a different opinion - there doesn't seem to be a "read customer notes to see what's gone on before and then proceed to next step" - is always lets start at square one and waste time doing all the checks over again and hope the customer gets bored and gives up with support

My experience exactly, no continuity. It makes it so much harder than it needs to be.