Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigabit stress

Tomasr2412
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

this is my last ditch attempt to try and get this fixed, got gigabit installed 6 months without fail everyday the service seems to drop connection but all the lights are and solid on hub and ONT box.

contscted Vodafone many many times about this and they tried to help but didn’t really do anything they weren’t sure either no engineer visit offered or replacement router and nobody really knows what wrong. 

has anyone else has these issues? I really don’t want to leave as too much hassle when it works it’s ace but when it doesn’t it doesn’t and there’s no warning lights or loss of service it’s like the broadband just stalls for 10-15 mins if not longer some times. I have the Huawei router on the 500mbs package 

12 REPLIES 12

gipjon
16: Advanced member

First thing is to change the DNS to one of the faster and more stable one . Log into your router http.//192.168.1.1 the password is under the router if you are running the Vodafone router.

faster DNS provider
  • Cisco OpenDNS: 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67. 220.220;
  • Cloudflare 1.1. 1.1: 1.1. 1.1 and 1.0. 0.1;
  • Google Public DNS: 8.8. 8.8 and 8.8. 4.4; and.
  • Quad9: 9.9. 9.9 and 149.112. 112.112.

Second is that your own router because Vodafone do a vox3 which is technicolour thc3000g

What do you mean sorry what settings should I change I know how to do it? 

also what router should I buy 

Jayach

I'm surprised anyone on Gigafast has a Huawei router. Try and get Vodafone to supply you with a THG3000 as suggested by @gipjon that is their latest router.

You change DNS settings in the router under Internet - DNS & DDNS.

If you want to use your own router, just about any will work. You will not need one with a modem as you are on FTTP. You will need to get your internet credentials from Vodafone.

Hi I have the THG3000 one its made by Huawei is it not?

Jayach

No, it's made by Technicolor.

Oh weird ok thanks 

Jayach

As you already have the THG3000 and if support are not helping resolve the problem then raise a complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your router @Tomasr2412. If you believe there is an issue with the router itself, you can speak to our Technical team who would be able to look into this for you. You can reach out to the dedicated team directly on 08080 034 515 if you'd like them to take a look 👍

gipjon

Can I just ask did changing the dns solved the issue for you