Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet Provider - Vodafone?

markzuken
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I found a new flat and the fastest provider at the address is Vodafone. I believe it's cable since its not symmetrical but rather 1GB down /50MBit up. I often work with big files etc. and internet is paid by my work hence not necessarily price sensitive either.

Long Story short - is Vodafone OK`ish and is it worth to pay for the upgraded router instead of the Vodafone box?

I don't need TV or phone etc.

Thanks for all your feedback - I give VF a chance, also my company is VF business customer hence I assume it will be more straightforward as well, since my company provides/pays the connection.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Vodafone is O.K.'ish (you could say that about any ISP, peoples experiences are different)

The connection (judging by the speeds you quote) Is Full Fibre, and will be via Openreach, so shouldn't be any different speeds to all the other ISP's using Openreach fibre.

Any router supplied by Vodafone, is a Vodafone box, so don't quite understand that part of your query, but if you mean go for PRO II, why not, if you aren't paying for it. It will give you 4g backup in case you have a problem.

Ripshod

That was a good one. Seems nobody saw that coming! 

Cynric

@Ripshod  I didn't even see it going 😁