Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet connection drops 15-20 times per day

itsbd96
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been on vodafones fibre to the cabinet service for a year now - its' been all smooth up until the last week or so..

The internet connection will drop about 20 times a day - not get slower, but will straight up stop working. I have to restart the router everytime. This is frustrating as I work from home and do a lot of video calls so I end up being disrupted at work.

I've tried everything - restarting the router, changign the settings, reinstalled Windows, reset network settings on other devices but this still keeps happening.

If this keeps happening, do I have any ability to be able to terminate my contract? It's getting disruptive, I'd excuse it if it happend every once in a while because I understand things can go wrong, but 20 times a day is ridiculous.

2 REPLIES 2

Janey

Hi @itsbd96 I'm sorry to hear your broadband service isn't working as expected. I'd recommend using our Broadband Service Test tool through your My Vodafone account. We'll check the connection and provide the next best steps to help you with your service.  We've also got some help steps over on our Support page.

If you need more help, you can speak with Broadband Team on Live Chat. Alternatively, you can give them a call on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other phone (standard charges apply).

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@itsbd96 wrote:
I've tried everything -

Everything except report it to Vodafone?

If rebooting the router brings it back, the router may be failing.