Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet cut out for a week straight.

IwantSlxcky-
4: Newbie

What are the odds, why is it only my house that only has the internet cut for no reason, I had to spend £200 cuz Vodafone failed to changed the direct debit dates, and now it's all sorted, I have no internet at all, 5 days without internet and Vodafone doesn't know the reason why, 

The problems I'm having is:

"Failed To Create Socket"

"Cant Retrieve External IP"

"Data PPP Connection: Disconnected"

Customer service that are foreigners that we can't understand?

Restarted router over a dozen times, tells me to reconnect to restart the line. 

And it's only just me, everyone around me perfectly fine.

My luck :Sad_face: great service Vodafone.

11 REPLIES 11

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Does you router show a connection speed when you log in?

connection speed.jpg

Nope just "no connection" and No ipv4 address.

Jayach

I asked because I'm wondering if Vodafone are stopping your router from being authenticated because of the financial problems. If that was the case your router should still show connection stats.

Is there anything in the DSL status page?

DSL Status This status page shows technical parameters of your data connection. DSL Status Information

DSL Mode
ITU-T G.993.2_Annex_B (VDSL2)

DSL Uptime
20 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds

Line Coding
DMT

Status
Connected

Number of Cuts

Link Power State
L0

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate78725 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate78709 kbps29668 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.7 dB11.8 dB
AttenuationDS1 9.2 dB, DS2 22.6 dB, DS3 35.2 dBUS0 2.0 dB, US1 15.6 dB, US2 25.2 dB
Power12.8 dBm4.9 dBm

If there is nothing there it must be a line fault.

We did have financial problems but they got sorted. It just randomly cut off on Thursdays around 1 or 2 In the afternoon. We called them up and they said nothing about financial stuff

Jayach

To be honest, most of the time, when you call them they haven't a clue. Unfortunately they never tell you that and make up some (usually implausible) story.

If your broadband is not working they should be running tests and if necessary passing the call to Openreach.

Are they actually doing anything?

Did you check to see if there are any DSL stats showing?

Yes, Its just failing to authenticate to Vodafone servers, if think they updated my router and didn't realize there was a bug, they added channel selection which wasn't there before. So I think it's that. But other then that it just wont contact Vodafone. I'm just hoping it's server side not a line wreckage.

Cynric

.@IwantSlxcky- Sadly the channel selection is likely to disappear the moment you make a connection to Vodafone. It seems to be in the default firmware in the THG3000 router but then is given settings from VF once you connect.

Authentication is frequently someone with a clue at VF clicking a button on a screen, you just have to find the one with a "clue".

But it won't connect to Vodafone, they saying it's a fine but it's asking to reconnect to restarted the line, then it's says "failed to create socket" i tried it with the old router and till got the same problem. It's either bad wiring or Vodafone. Can't be wiring cuz they are saying that have good connection and they ping it to make sure, it's goto be Vodafone side must be.

Jayach
@Jayach wrote:

Did you check to see if there are any DSL stats showing?

@IwantSlxcky- wrote:

Yes, Its just failing to authenticate to Vodafone servers, 

If you mean yes the DSL stats are showing then it is definitely that Vodafone are not allowing your router to authenticate.

Post the stats here so we can see if anything looks wrong.

You will need to speak to them again and hope that eventually you will get someone with some knowledge of what they are doing. Try using live chat, they seem a little more sensible. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Also raise a complaint Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone, they can kick them up the jaxie, and also provide compensation, if due.