Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is my line status ok?

Malp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I would appreciate one of you experts looking at my stats and advise if all is ok.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210701-123233_Chrome.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your speeds are very low, but without knowing how far you are from the cabinet it's difficult to comment.

However the upload SNR is very high so you should be able to get more upload speed.

What does the BT checker say your line should be capable of?

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Thanks for looking. Am about 1.5km from cabinet.

I use to get 7mb. 

Screenshot_20210701-160017_Chrome.jpg

Jayach

Unfortunately, because of the distance from the cabinet, you are never going to get much more.

Any chance of FTTP in your area?

Your SNR's show you could get a little more, especially on the upload. Have you tried with the router direct to the test socket?

You are getting a few CRC errors so DLM may have slowed your line to keep it stable

Ok thanks.

Am straight into test socket. Fttp years away and 4g not consistent and too expensive.

Thanks for looking.

Jayach

Sorry I couldn't suggest anything more, maybe someone else may have better ideas, but I think with the distance to the cabinet you are pretty much limited in options.

I accept its the distance from the cabinet. When I was on 7mb it was bearable but now at a sync of 5.2 its very poor at times. 7 down to 5.3 is around a %25 drop.

Can't blame Voda as it falls within their minimums but I do think something is amiss.

Just so frustrating. 

There..... I feel better after that 🙂

ForthScot
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

That's below the universal service obligation of 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. You can get that investigated by BT (even if you're not a BT customer).

There might be funding available or an alternative provider like wireless.

I did try uos. I proved that 4g was not an alternative.  Result was accepted for uos. They wanted around £30000!!!

Ps..I live in a built up area. Not in the sticks.

Just wish the line would have a serious fault so that it could be investigated. 

I do wonder if changing to a new provider would introduce new lines / routing in the exchange..

Changing to a new supplier probably won't help much unless you go to one of the smaller ones (Zen, Andrews & Arnold, etc) who are better at chasing Openreach for work to be done.

Might be worth canvassing neighbours, contacting the community council, etc. If this is a local to your area problem there may be an opportunity for eg getting a new PCP cabinet closer to you.