Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues connecting using TP-LINK AC1600

gremlin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all - hope you can help.

I've finally given up with my Vodafone router - following a trawl of this forum and bought myself a TP-LINK AC1600

I've followed these steps :

I got my user name and password from vodafone.
put a "@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" on the username
checked the VLAN checkbox
added 101 as the vlan id
entered the username and password
it won't connect.

I've seen somesuggest I need to enable 802.1Q - I can't find a setting for that anywhere.

Can anyone help ?

14 REPLIES 14

Joe
4: Newbie

@gremlin If you follow the instructions on the other link and let us know how you get on. If you're still having issues, please take a screenshot without any personal details and post it here so we can have a look to make sure the settings are correct. Joe 

Hi there - I've followed all the steps on that link - I've attached a picture of the settings.

as I mentioned on my inital post I don't know where to enable pic2.jpg802.1Q 

Does anyone on this forum have a TP-LINK AC1600 / Archer VR600 that they have successfully connected?

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Check the user name and password . Ask vodafone again in pm and copy and paste 

I have asked for it again - but on the phone and they sent the info via text.

I'll do as you suggested though and try chat - they're not allowed to email I've been told.

There isn't too much they can have got wrong however :

I think all the usernames start with D S L (in lower case) followed by 9 numbers

There's nothin in my password that could be confused - no i, l, 1 etc.

gipjon

I seen a few issues like this live chat is the best to ask because you can just copy and paste . And if you requestiin the chat transcript you will have it on the email 

I'm on it now :Smiling:

it would be good to know if anyone else has successfully connected with this router - as I might have a dodgy router.