cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving my broadband contract early, what is the total cost?

S6missile
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Full fibre is available at my location (well outside on the pole) Vodafone although listed as a supplier on the Open Reach site are not providing it. So my question is as I have 16 months still to run on my 2 year contract what am I likely to be billed for early termination as Webchat and a phone call this morning have indicated around £10 but I have seen quoted the number of months remaining x your monthly bill +Vat ?

3 REPLIES 3

MarkD

Hi @S6missile, your early exit fee is normally made up of your monthly cost multiplied the remaining months of your contract. We'll then minus 2% to come up with the final early exit fee. If you have no other services on the account, your last bill will be ready with 22 days and will contain any out of bundle charges, such as landline calls. As you've been given mixed information, we would like you drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook so we can clear this up. You can find all the contact details here

Having found the terms and conditions for the contract i am on date wise it "appears that the cost will be £3.60 a month for the time remaining (16 months) although the email I just received says "from when you joined vodafone" which would be back  6 years ago back in January 2016 when I had nearly twice the speed I get now! I have already contacted Vodafone via Webchat and via phone who stated just under £10 so we will see. As I used to work in West Sussex Trading Standards I can always refer to them if the amount differs from the webchat text I have printed!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As you have found, the Early Termination Fee depends on the T&Cs at the time you joined, the account type and the number of months.

For anyone looking for their own T&Cs they can be found here: Terms and Conditions (vodafone.co.uk)