Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Loads of dropouts, especially weekends

plentydropouts
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our service is 'Unlimited Fibre 76' with a new Superfast 2 hub. 

I installed a tool on a Raspberry Pi which logs dropouts and it happens 5 times per weekday and maybe 25 time per day on weekends. which is generally really annoying when on video calls etc but makes me totally FURIOUS on weekends when trying to watch live events e.g the Formula 1. 

In the 5 minutes spent signing up here and writing this, it's dropped out twice. I end up having to tether from my iPhone Personal Hotspot 

I've only been a customer for about 4 months -- would I benefit from upgrading to the City Fibre / 900Mbs as its using a different network?

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@plentydropouts wrote:

I've only been a customer for about 4 months -- would I benefit from upgrading to the City Fibre / 900Mbs as its using a different network?

Possibly, but there is no reason why you should not have a good service on the Openreach connection.

Have you reported it to Vodafone?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @plentydropouts - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. Just to confirm are you on our Superfast, Gigafast or Pro Broadband? Also, are the drops happening over both wired and wireless connections?