Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Broadband Install Problems

cooler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all need some advice in relation to my new install from Vodafone.

Recently Vodafone had a good offer online with new line install included as part of the deal and I was swayed  and happy to place the order, in the process I was asked if I wanted the a newline and I checked the box for engineers visit and install new line at the address.

This took around 17 days for the engineer to visit the property, when he came on the arranged date he started to eye the old existing line, but I made it clear he was here to install new line and not use the old one and the location I wanted it to be at.

His first excuse was covid-19 he can't install new line because of covid-19 and the old one will be used, but I told him he was here to install new line otherwise he didn't need to come out to visit the property and he was getting paid to install a new line.

He asked to let him check what he could do and went out of the property, after just a few mins he came back in and told me he has spoken with his "gaffa" and we will install a new line for you, but to do that we need you to use the old one for now and he will be back in 10 mins and we will install new one.

He wen't and sat in his van for about 10 mins and drove off never to be seen again, he didn't have the curtsey to tell us that he was going and I wasted all day waiting for him to return, thinking he was maybe gone for a break or something and he will return, but that didn't happen.

He has done no work in the property or out and put our family at risk of covid-19 as we have been in isolation since March until his visit, and he didn't need to make this visit as the old line gave use 100Mb/s in the past from BT.

I contacted Vodafone via on line chat for an hour going round in circles trying to explain and eventually they told be someone will be in touch within next 72 hours but so far no one has.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Seeing as my last post was deleted I've done a repost, please don't delete without providing a good reason.

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your last post may have caught the attention tion of the forum spam filters for some reason @cooler 

As Access to Accounts isn't available via this forum I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Broadband Team via calling 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they'll be able to help.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi all need some advice in relation to my new install from Vodafone.

Recently Vodafone had a good offer on-line with new line install included as part of the deal and I was happy to place the order, in the process I was asked if I wanted the a newline and I checked the box for engineers visit and install new line at the address.

This took around 17 days for the engineer to visit the property, when he came on the arranged date he started to eye the old existing line, but I made it clear he was here to install new line and not use the old one and the location I wanted it to be at.

His first excuse was covid-19 he can't install new line because of covid-19 and the old one will be used, but I told him he was here to install new line otherwise he didn't need to come out to visit the property and he was getting paid to install a new line.  He asked to let him check what he could do and went out of the property, after just a few mins he came back in and told me he has spoken with his "gaffa" and we will install a new line for you, but to do that we need you to use the old one for now and he will be back in 10 mins and will install new line.

He went and sat in his van for about 10 mins and drove off never to be seen again, he didn't have the curtsey to tell us that he was going and I wasted all day waiting for him to return, thinking he was maybe gone for a break or something and he will return, but that didn't happen.

He has done no work in the property or out and put our family at risk of covid-19 as we have been in isolation since March until his visit, and he didn't need to make this visit as the old line gave us 100Mb/s in the past from BT.

I contacted Vodafone via on-line chat for an hour going round in circles trying to explain and eventually they told me someone will be in touch within next 72 hours but so far no one has since Monday the 15th.

Ideally I would like for new line to be installed and if possible FFTP for the future.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice, much appreciated.

Thanks, after I posted here someone got in touch and said they are looking in to it and will be in touch.

Nice to know someone got back to you. And hopefully you get it sorted my problems been ongoing since friday running round in circles like a hamster on a wheel, terrible customer service these have

No not getting sorted at all, I feel staff are not motivated and want to just get out of doing work, I feel what you mean by going around in circles which keeps happening, and it's costing Vodafone for these failures, in addition to free payments to BT-Openreach.

Someone called and spoke to them on the phone and straight away they started to make excuses and said the engineer must have thought it's working fine so no need for new line, I had to explain to her that Vodafone paid BT-Openreach for a new line and they got paid for work they didn't do, the person was not here out of goodness of his heart.   Then the next excuse came in as planning permission would be needed and local council involved, again I explained that is not required as the trunking is already in place and they will only have to fish the new line through a pipe for which they have tools and shouldn't take very long.

In the end she said she will email me, but not heard since then.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @cooler, have you heard back from the adviser yet?

If you're still waiting on an update, it may be worth contacting us on social media here so that we can check your account

Hi thanks, I've not heard back as yet, I was allowing reasonable time for them to do so.

I'll be touch via the link if I don't hear from her soon.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've still not had a reply @cooler, get in touch with our social team using the link @Evie provided and I'm sure we'll be able to help 😊

Hi Mark, I've sent the message via facebook last Friday and I've not heard back, how long does it take for a response?

Thanks

Am also having speed issues I've been getting very low download speeds

Screenshot from 2020-07-09 22-14-20.png