Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Customer Connection Dropouts

RichieRogers
2: Seeker

Hi,

My broadband went live this morning and it was great for a couple of hours, but since then the connection has dropped out numerous times per hour (the router seems to reboot and has a lot of errors in the log).

Having seen this: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/broadband-support/set-up-router-vox3

It implies there can be issues for the first 10 days, but that is for speed - so i'm presuming this could be a fault?

Up until yesterday I was with EE and never had any drop outs.

I've attached the syslog if anyone can advise.

Thanks,

Richie

7 REPLIES 7

RichieRogers

Hi,

So, all last night it was ok - great it's fixed....

This morning, shortly after 8:30am it started dropping out again.

The only difference between last night and this morning (and during the day yesterday) is that I am VPN-ed into my work (either by Cisco AnyConnect or OpenVPN (I have tried both with no difference) and I have Microsoft Teams open.

There are still lots of errors in the ADSL router logs as well.

Can anyone help or suggest a possible cause/fix?

Thanks,

Richie

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @RichieRogers, the speeds and drop outs can regularly occur in the first 10 days as we're running tests in the background. This is competely normal. If the issue persists after day 10 of go live, please contact our Home Broadband team or Social Media team here.

Hi,

So, it's normal for my internet to be dropping at least four times in the last 30 minutes - each time the VOX3 modem reboots making it pretty much unusable for at least 5 minutes?

I've attached the latest logs, which still seem to have a lot of errors.

Is there an issue with my ADSL router or is there something going in in the Vodaphone network (I had no issues with EE :Sad_face: )

Thanks,

Richie

Ok, possible progress.

A couple of hours ago I disabled a number of settings on the router i don't use:

Wifi (WPS) - main Wifi was disabled already

Printer and had drive sharing

DLNA and Samba.

Since then the connection has been stable and no reboots of the router.

The errors have massively reduced to just the following, which aren't an issue as IPv6 not being used:

06/03/2020
14:22:45
Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)
system
I'm not sure if just a coincidence, but this seems to be the best it's been today.
Will see how it goes.

Thanks,
Richie

Hi just wondering if your issues have resurfaced today? I’m in almost exactly the same boat as you having moved from EE but a couple of weeks earlier so out Of the 10 day window.  Following a support chat I changed my DNS server settings to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and yesterday all seemed good. Today since about 0830 up and down like a yo-yo - pretty much 10 mins on 10 mins off! If you are still fine I’ll try the changes you made before another web chat.

Hi,

Since I made the changes in the settings yesterday I've not had a single disconnection - so could be buggy code in the VOX3 modem

Thanks,

Richie

Thanks 🙏 I’ll give it a go.

Regards,

Andy.