Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ORDI REQUEST

iarybreko
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm having a bit of frustrating experience today.  I'm trying to get Broadband but there is some sort of misinformation between Openreach and Vodafone. Basically my address is SIlver, I spoke to Openreach and I got told that it's a very simple process that service provider (Vodafone) needs to follow. Below is a message from Openreach that details what needs to be done.

"Hi there, We need you to speak to the provider your choosing to place an order with. There is currently an address issue:

- Address is showing as a Silver address and an order can only be placed when it's upgraded to a Gold Address.

-To upgrade it to Gold, a provider needs to access the Openreach Portal and complete a form called an ORDI. All advisors should be able to do this, but if not, they should ask their manager.

- Once the address is updated to a Gold address, you should be able to place an order. It takes about a week to update.

I hope it can be sorted quickly for you. Antony"

I have then contacted Vodafone again and they told me that the ORDI should be done by Openreach and when I told that to Openreach they kept saying that the provider should do it:

"The request has to come from them, it might be worth following their process on their website, as it might be linked directly to ourselves. ^Gareth"

I really don't know what to do.

12 REPLIES 12

tigertanaka
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am a Vodafone customer and have discovered that the address on the Openreach database is incorrect (basically my next door neighbour's house name is included in my address and needs to be removed - this is preventing me change suppliers and will potentially cause a problem when my neighbour wants to change suppliers in the future).

I realise this is not a common issue but the Vodafone call centre haven't a clue what to do here.  I was told there is not a problem, then when they realised that it is an issue for me, I was told that I need to call Royal Mail to get them to tell Openreach to change the address as Royal Mail were responsible for maintaining silver and gold addresses.  When I told them that the Royal Mail address file is actually correct and that Openreach are clear that the internet provider needs to raise the ORDI request, I was told there is nothing that Vodafone can do.  I have referred the call centre to these forum posts but everything seems to fall on deaf ears.

Any help would be really appreciated.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there @tigertanaka 

So basically. If you’ve checked your address on Royal Mail’s address matcher (on their website) and your address is correct on there then that’s your stage one check complete. 

If your address is wrong with Openreach, then it is up to your service provider (in this case Vodafone) to get that corrected on your behalf. If it’s wrong on Openreach’s systems, it can cause issues down the line for you and your neighbour. 

The barrier it sounds like you’re facing here is that perhaps your address data is correct on Vodafone’s systems meaning when the front line agent checks it, they can’t see your issue. 

But key here is persistence, if the call centre can’t help. Raise a complaint and make it clear that the problem statement is the address registered with Openreach is incorrect and needs correcting. If you do it this way, you’ll have a clear audit trial if you then find yourself in the position of needing to escalate - hopefully you won’t. Good luck. 

Hi @tigertanaka Thanks for your message. I can imagine how frustrating this has been for you and understand why it's important your address is corrected moving forward. Please could you pop our team a message on the social channels found here? We'd be happy to look into this, just let the team you know you've posted here too please.