Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old Broadband account still showing as active on credit report

Shazz79
3: Seeker

I recently moved properties in July and my account also ended in July,  I’ve checked my credit report today and my old  vodaphone broadband account is still showing as open and active, should this not be showing as closed and removed as I’m no longer with them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

The account should be marked as closed and settled if you have no outstanding balance due and the account was closed. Raise a dispute via the credit reference agency would be my advice.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

Any account from any company will show on a credit report for around 3-6 months after it's closed.

It's won't ever be removed immediately from the file until Vodafone send the data back to say that nothing is outstanding on the account and they have fully closed it.

Ok I’ll keep an eye on it but it’s currently showing as open and not closed 

Shazz79

My last bill was back in July and they had actually refunded me money back this month but the account has not closed and is still showing as open with them 

WelshPaul

The account should be marked as closed and settled if you have no outstanding balance due and the account was closed. Raise a dispute via the credit reference agency would be my advice.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Shazz79, We will mark your account as closed shortly after your final bill has been settled. This will be updated in an online Credit reference profile within 30 working days of us marking the account as closed. It will show to major lenders after 2 working days. We can of course check this for you, pop our team a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help 😊