Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Packet loss and ping spikes while playing games on pc for last 2 weeks

ayoubs220
4: Newbie

horrible eperience since about 3 months ago getting lag and ping spikes on any games played on all devices tested and on ethernet pc lag , ps5 lag all games fifa cod apex nothing connects properly i have a mtr here please can someone help i play cod tournaments daily for money and have to stream it and at the moment im losing hairs with vodafone they had 2 engineers in and no ones fixing anything 

ayoubs220_0-1696386290615.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ayoubs220

well i was right ipaddress / routing issue requested an ip change and no more spikes or dropped packets on any hops seems i was correct on my hunch and hope all the tech people working at voda who kept telling me oh its not the ip thats not how it works see this lmao ( ANY 1 COMING ACROSS THIS WITH SAME ISSUE RESET UR DSL OPTION ON THE ROUTER IF YOUR DYNAMIC TILL YOUR ASSIGNED AN IP THAT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF BIG SPIKES AND IF UR STATIC CALL VODAFONE AND REQUEST A NEW STATIC IP :Smiling:

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Don't forget you need to set "reply to pings " on the router. 

Jayach_0-1696427361881.png

is this for the bqm any chance you guys know where that is on the vodafone thg3000 router reply to pinga

sorry pic is now modded allow ping to wan on got it 

Jayach

@ayoubs220 wrote:
one tplink booster downstairs but i mean i had 4 months of working connection with the booster but it can easily be disconnected to rule it out 

I would definately give that a try.

yeah removed for the purposes of the test It was just a wifi booster didn't even think it could be that as my deviced with problems are on ethernet 

Ripshod

I wouldn't worry about node 3, geolocation isn't one of vodafone's strong points.

There will be variations, but I don't see any problem.

ah okay thanks right but if at the end of the mtr at google dns im not getting the 320 packets that started from my router im getting 300 of them, i cant be going crazy every single device and game are showing packet loss and ping spikes 

ayoubs220
www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/62d2d8ea490f8494182c2fdc934e3dd4e5fa7919

this is a live graph link hopefully it can pick it all up tonight while i game / stream 

Jayach

Yes, it is working. No dropped packets I can see yet, but it's "early days".

ayoubs220

okay thanks yeah if i can just say in games the ping is worst aspect i will load in connected to a server somewhere in the uk the avg ping is always around 10ms any game but then when the broadband takes a dump we ping variation in large amounts like jumps from 10 to 40ms in a matter of seconds and just changes each second 10-12-15-40 etc while getting packet loss but the ping is a much worse situation