Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Packet loss and ping spikes while playing games on pc for last 2 weeks

ayoubs220
4: Newbie

horrible eperience since about 3 months ago getting lag and ping spikes on any games played on all devices tested and on ethernet pc lag , ps5 lag all games fifa cod apex nothing connects properly i have a mtr here please can someone help i play cod tournaments daily for money and have to stream it and at the moment im losing hairs with vodafone they had 2 engineers in and no ones fixing anything 

ayoubs220_0-1696386290615.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ayoubs220

well i was right ipaddress / routing issue requested an ip change and no more spikes or dropped packets on any hops seems i was correct on my hunch and hope all the tech people working at voda who kept telling me oh its not the ip thats not how it works see this lmao ( ANY 1 COMING ACROSS THIS WITH SAME ISSUE RESET UR DSL OPTION ON THE ROUTER IF YOUR DYNAMIC TILL YOUR ASSIGNED AN IP THAT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF BIG SPIKES AND IF UR STATIC CALL VODAFONE AND REQUEST A NEW STATIC IP :Smiling:

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Wasn't the last firmware update around 3 months ago? 

its very possible all my issues started with that as they do it auto and restart the router from their end but yeah my first 3 months was incredibly stable then everything messed up with no solution 

ayoubs220

ayoubs220_0-1697007076252.png

can anyone actually fix this form the vodafone ive just spent hours laging being the only device online in the house with nothing but ping spike in games like seriously how do you guys get the connection correct for first 3 months of contract then change something and it becomes a 24/7 unusable mess 

ayoubs220

ayoubs220_0-1697278736772.png

somebody is definitely doing something at 7am till 8.30am i played and wow i didn't lag once , anyways either someone at voda is fixing my connection or I'm just getting a lucky few hours either way I'm extremely grateful and hope it sticks

ayoubs220

well i was right ipaddress / routing issue requested an ip change and no more spikes or dropped packets on any hops seems i was correct on my hunch and hope all the tech people working at voda who kept telling me oh its not the ip thats not how it works see this lmao ( ANY 1 COMING ACROSS THIS WITH SAME ISSUE RESET UR DSL OPTION ON THE ROUTER IF YOUR DYNAMIC TILL YOUR ASSIGNED AN IP THAT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF BIG SPIKES AND IF UR STATIC CALL VODAFONE AND REQUEST A NEW STATIC IP :Smiling:

malvare
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
  1. Am I the only one experiencing packet loss and ping spikes on my PC while gaming for the past two weeks, and is anyone else encountering similar issues with BGMI on iOS?

2. Could you advise if there are any specific steps I should take to address packet loss and ping spikes on my PC, especially when it comes to improving BGMI performance on my iOS device?

3. Is anyone familiar with troubleshooting methods to overcome these issues, both in terms of general network concerns and optimizing settings specifically for BGMI on iOS?

4. As I navigate through these challenges, is there any official information or updates from BGMI developers that could provide insights into resolving performance [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Ripshod

Well done @malvare but we're not in India so that must be a dodgy spam link. Reported. 

CrimsonLiar

It's worth pointing out that most online game networking uses the UDP protocol.  Using UDP in gaming if packets are received "out of order" they'll often show as dropped.  This is because for want of a better phrase - their time has passed!

Ripshod

Mods notified.