Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Power cut, now internet light flashing red

Alscott95
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me.

we have had a power cut that lasted literally 10 seconds, the router went off and now it’s not working at all. The ont has all 4 green lights on, I’ve done a reboot holding reset in for 30 seconds, made sure all connections are in right, I’ve even changed the Ethernet cable that goes from the wan port into the ont. went onto the chat, and all they seem to do was tell me turn it on and off s couple of times, after 4/5 attempts they have said they are sending me a new router which is going to take till at least 4/5 days, any help appreciated thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It sounds like the router has failed, so no help we can offer.

Is the router showing any LEDS? If it is completely dead, it may be the PSU that has failed, and if you have an old router the PSU MAY be compatible. If you aren't sure though, don't try it.

The routers are usually sent DPD, so it might be quicker than you think.

the router has power to it, front light is flashing red, on the rear the internet light is flashing red, it’s the ultra hub 6e one, I’m hoping is sooner rather than later 🤞 

Bart6767
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been waiting since 29 dec  I want them to fix my problem the red diode is on in the router I talk to them every day and they keep repeating the same things uneducated people in the wrong positions...

Ripshod

Probably a daft question, but have you power cycled the ONT?

The proper reset procedure is (while the router is fully powered) to hold the reset button in for 10 seconds then leave it to reboot. Holding it in for 30 would likely interfere with the bootup. After any reset it's best to leave the router alone for a while so reprovisioning can happen without errors.

And please, I know you're upset but can we keep this to one thread? 

Jayach

@Bart6767 

Yes. Vodafone support are completely useless. but it is what we have to work with.

There is no point spamming the forum with your anger, we are here to try to help.

Stick to one thread and we will do all we can to help, but unfortunately we have no control over the fault finding process.

So the new router has arrived, still the same issue, rang VF and they’ve said they’re not able to provision the router, and that they’ve referred it to a different team. And they’ll ring me in 24 working hours. I’ve power cycled the ont and the hub again. Sometimes the hub has the white light, and the internet lights on the rear comes on, but I connect and it says no internet. So now I’m stuck on what to do?

I work in this field for Virgin media. I just don’t see how it can be that hard to activate a router?

Jayach

Possibly the power cut caused a fault on the ONT.

Unlike Virgin who own all their own infrastructure, the ONT and infrastructure belong to Openreach, the router is Vodafone's so when it isn't obvious where the fault lies it can cause delays.

The fact Vodafone are mostly incompetent doesn't help.