Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pro II Broadband - Old or New Hub

pintosal
4: Newbie

I was on the Pro fibre broadband contract, for 2 years, and I have just renewed it. The line and kit worked perfectly well.

When I renewed the contract, I received a new hub, backup dongle and WiFi extender.

I'm reluctant to install the new kit because:

1. The new hub only has 2 ethernet ports, and I am using all 4 on the old one. I would need to add an ethernet switch to get back to 4
  2. The backup dongle has a type C USB cable, which is much too short. the old one has a normal USB connector, and I have a nice long cable which gets me to a place where I can get a decent mobile signal.

Can I carry on with the old kit, or will Vodafone switch off access?

Does Vodafone use the serial number of the hub as the id for the connection, as I have always been asked to provide it in the past.

I tried talking to the WiFi "experts" but they couldn't understand what I was getting at, and kept making spurious "helpful" suggestions.

Can anyone please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Charlotte

Hello, @pintosal. I hope you're well.

The connection of your broadband service is provisioned to a specific router serial number. This means that if you've been sent a new router as a part of your upgrade, the service will be moved over to that new router once the order has been completed, as the broadband service will be linked to that specific serial number.  

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Charlotte

Hello, @pintosal. I hope you're well.

The connection of your broadband service is provisioned to a specific router serial number. This means that if you've been sent a new router as a part of your upgrade, the service will be moved over to that new router once the order has been completed, as the broadband service will be linked to that specific serial number.