cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement router - stabilisation period?

NewtonBoy
4: Newbie

Was getting sync speed of 70mb and wifi 65mb.  Had a power cut (one of several in our village) and speed dropped to 35mb.  Customer service told me nothing wrong and still above minimum  guaranteed  speed.   Anyway dropped to 29mb and they sent an Openreach engineer to investigate.  

He came yesterday and checked speed outside house where cable enters, speed at master socket and speed at end of cable where it plugs into router.  All 76mb.  He fitted a new two port master socket so no need for splitter.   So he suggested that the router was the problem.

Rang Vodafone who said they'd send a new router.  It arrived this morning (ultrafast service, but it's a second hand one),

Set it up and still only getting 32.8.

I've attached a screenshot I did some time before the power cut and another from now. 

8 REPLIES 8

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Are those superfast 1 speeds?

When they should be superfast 2?

Ask VodaFone.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @NewtonBoy, I appreciate how important it is to have a stable connection especially now. Thank you for tryin everything you have so far to see if your speeds improve.

So that we can run some further tests for you and see what's what, could you drop us a message on social media here? Make sure to include a link to this thread and your landline/account number 😊

Started Facebook messenger conversation yesterday.   Went through security and was asked to send speed screenshots and they haven't replied!! Been more than 24 hours now and conversation is still open!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NewtonBoy Our Social Media team's don't operate the same as Live Chat facilities do, so there may be delays between responses when we're hitting peak times on social channels. Have you since received an update now? 

They finally replied late this morning and asked if I still had a problem (can't they see my connection details at their end?) so I've sent more screenshots.   Sync speed down to 22.1mb now!!  Waiting for a response.

Last message at 17.51 saying they've verified my security answers (again!!!) and am I by my router.   I replied yes, nothing since!!

This conversation started on September 24th and I've now had the 'help' of three service assistants: Natasha, Manish and Rich, but so far have got nowhere!   

What is the point? 

Nearly 24 more hours and no reply!!   Tried phoning, but hanging on forever. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I definitely think phoning is the only way to get help, social media is useless. When I needed help my average was about 40 minutes to get through, but I just left the phone on hands free and got on with other things. It's a freephone number so won't run up any bills.