Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stuttering on new fibre connection

robertkent87
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I had a new fibre connection installed on Monday. The engineer accidentally kinked the cable and thought he might have broken it, but a connection test showed it seemed to be fine.

However, although I can connect to the internet and speed tests show it is faster, I have been experiencing intermittent stuttering when watching streaming videos. This appears to affect different sources (Disney+ and YouTube) and different devices, whether using a wifi connection or a wired ethernet connection. Vodafone's own Broadband Service Test reports no errors with the line but it is really noticeable when watching a film and it'll pause for half a second - especially if I rewind and there is no issue with the video. What is also strange is that some videos play fine and yet other will stutter. Sometimes an 11 minute video will have a stutter, sometimes a 40 minute video will.

It's hard to understand what's going on, especially when a bunch of tests show no issues with the connection yet I feel I'm going mad seeing stutters in videos that never happened before and don't happen if I rewind the section.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and/or what I can do about it?

12 REPLIES 12

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@robertkent87 This site will tell you your external IP https://www.ipaddress.com/what-is-my-ip-address/

Jayach

As will the router. Jayach_0-1678892072750.png

Cool, think it's sorted now

10eeb2f161d8b75d303e433a0557715b842a027b-29-03-2023.png