Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 2 speeds - wil they improve

Gav76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just joined Vodafone SF2 from EE standard fibre. The estimated speeds of SF2 were min download 25 mbps, max download 40.41 mbps, min upload 5.27, max upload 7.54, min guaranteed 20 mbps. I reasonably expected to get around the 30mbps speed, but upon connection I'm getting a sync speed of 21.8, which is pretty much what I was getting with EE on standard fibre. As I just joined yesterday, am I really likely to get any better than the current sync speed? Surely if I've signed up to SF2 then the speed should increase, not give me exactly what I was previously getting? Grateful for any thoughts/advice on this. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It can take approximately 10 days 'ish for the speeds / service to settle @Gav76 

If thing's don't settle then please look at the Vodafone Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

Their contact number is in there too.

ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/broadband-speeds 

I hope this settles down for you ASAP.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If the sync speed has been static at 21.8mbps since connection 3 days ago (Friday 3rd July morning) is it realistically going to get any faster? I know the speeds can fluctuate but I'd have thought Id have seen some increase by now if it was going to get any better?

BandOfBrothers

I can't say Yes or No @Gav76  :Sad_face:

Best course of action is to speak with the Vodafone Broadband Team via the telephone number in my link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

EE offer, among other things, to me....

Fibre Plus  -- Speed  -73Mb/s
Fibre  -- Speed  --  36Mb/s
Standard Broadband -Speed -6Mb/s

which I assume would come thru the same OpenReach wiring as my current VodaFone
63 Mbps   Average download speed

So I would expect that you will more or less maintain the speed from whichever supplier you use,
EE, BT, TT PN etc. and should push VodaFone for a line test / speed check and lodge your intent to leave within the cooling off period if you are still dis-satisfied.

BE absolutely certain that you have actually been sold the SF2 Package and complain.

I've spoken with vodafone and they're doing some line tests over the next 72hrs. Interestingly, I'm getting 8mbps slower download speeds, compared to  what I was getting from EE on the standard service. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've only recently joined VF came from ADSL on Sky. Speeds for the first 10 days during the training period were very up and down but it has now stabilised at 67/20. So much better than ADSL.

Edit, if anyone is reading this in the future, my speed were up and down as there was a fault on the fibre port in the cabinet. Took 3 months to get it fixed.

We have now been with vodafone for 3 months and our speed started at 53.4M down - but over the next 10 odd days it increased (appeared to be every 2 days) and we ended up at 73M - Now we are down to 70.3 after a reboot.

What is your downstream S/N ratio - ours ended up at being about 3db but started out at over 6db at the slower sync speeds.

@Sparkybruce the downstream is 5.8db, upstream 6.1db. 

I'm not expecting the speeds to increase much, though given my previous was providing speeds of 28mbps download and 6mbps upload, then vodafone should be matching this at the very least. We shall see what happens over this next week. 

Hi

Currently I have

192.168.1.1 in expert mode.

Status and Support

DSL Status

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate75494 kbps19999 kbps
Maximum Rate77880 kbps22504 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.3 dB7.3 dB

Which according to the link....  https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/SNR-tweak

Downlink target SNR margin
18 (worst case)
6 (BT's initial default)

Shows room for tweaking, but probably where it should be.