Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 Port Mapping / Forwarding

Timtam665
2: Seeker

I'm trying to setup port forwarding (Mapping on the THG3000) on my THG3000 router. I want to open 2 ports on the same device/IP. Has anyone done this successfully?

I've done this a many times before on other routers without problem. Cannot get it to work on the THG3000 though.

It looks straight forward enough when in the router GUI IPv4 Port Mapping, but the ports remain closed.

Tech support were no help. Anyone any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

arjaffer

I have gone into the web interface, expert mode, set up port forwarding but it is still not open.

Is there something I have missed doing elsewhere on the router?

Thanks in anticipation

Auni

Hi,

Also having issues since I did a factory reset. On firmware version 19.4.0551-3261104 and port forwarding no longer works. UPnP ports opened are also no longer actually opened.

Are you on this firmware too?

My Firmware is 19.4.0551-3261103

I have tried to update to your version of firmware but have not succeeded

Port forwarding has not worked for me yet

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I suppose we can assume that you have the receiver for the forwarded ports set up and with the appropriate holes poked through any device firewalls?  *In some cases changing a router will lead to devices thinking they are on a new network and previously opened firewall holes get plugged!

The easy way to test, is to try to access the service on the device using another local device (one that has not been previously allowed access).

Fixed my issue - the router factory reset had changed the gateway IP so my local server wasn't able to respond out to the internet!

So, rather than using an IP in the future, have you considered using the DDNS service offered by the router?  Otherwise, you'll have the same issues anything the router reboots or resyncs!

Thanks for that.

Same issue here My old router had gateway of 192.168.1.254

The vodafone router has a gateway of 192.168.1.1

So when I changed the gateway address of my fixed ip security cameras to 192.168.1.1 they all fired up satisfactorily

Many thanks