Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000

krazylegz1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently moved house and got VF broadband connected a week tomorrow. 

However I am far from impressed with it, modem gives off very poor range and doesn’t reach half of the house, when the engineer fitted it he said to call VF and get them to send some boosters out. Done that only to be told VF don’t supply boosters and I’d have to buy my own 😡

So bought a booster for upstairs and managed to get a signal up there but my real issue is the router continually dropping out. It drops out numerous times a day so I’m looking at going down the route of another router and modem. 

Does anyone have any recommendations and if that would cure the drop outs or if it could be a fault on the line?

thanks 

lee 

4 REPLIES 4

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @krazylegz1, please click here to contact one of our agents via social media who'll be able to look into your router and set up with us to rule out there being a fault on your line. 

It can take up to 10 working days for the initial connection to stablise though so you may be experiencing drop outs due to this. If it's a consistent issue for you, please contact social media and we can arrange an engineer if needs be

Thank you I will give it another week to see if the drops outs stop with it being a new line 

markshaw20
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Lee,

I had broadband disconnects with my old VF router, and a new THG3000 fixed it.

Which WiFi extender did you get to work with the THG3000 ? As I have 2, and neither will allow my devices to login to their WiFi.

Thanks

Mark.

I got the Netgear EX6110-100UKS, it’s cheap enough and does the trick mate. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/wifi-range-extenders/netgear-ex6110-1...