Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link compatibility issue?

davegarwell
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've managed to replace my default router for my gigafast service with a TP Link Deco M5 as my main router and have been pleased with how it is performing (Thank to the forum support to make that happen).

With my previous ISP (Sky) I was able to run 3 TP link AV600 extenders to allow me to hard wire devices that needed to be hardwired.  Since switching to Vodaphone these have either not worked or have been problematic.  Are there any compatible issues present that I am not aware of with the Vodaphone service?  Previously these worked and were set up effortlessly, not so much now.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Assuming you don't have the Deco M5 connected through the VF THG3000 then there should be no problems at all.  The powerline devices should work transparently, and you should be able to check for any connection issues using the tpPLC app.

One thing that may be pertinent is the fact that there seems to be an ongoing connection problem that is affecting some customers at the moment.

So can you confirm that you are not "double NATing" the connection and if its not too much of an imposition let us know the powerline speeds, and roughly what kind of devices are being affected!

Thanks for the help...

Deco is the router with the THG not involved.

TP Link AV600 wired only work but the wireless ones will not give off a wireless signal.  I haven't tried the wired connectors on these (as far as I can remember).

The device that is being particularity problematic is a work network terminal (wyse terminal).  If I run a cable from the THG it works (reintroduced to allow my partner to work as a temp solution, Deco removed)  Run direct from the Deco and it doesn't.  Can't work out as to why.  When I check the speed I'm get 90mb so no idea as to why its not working.

The WiFi points will have an IP address allocated to them, when you connect to them through their WEBUI (you should be able to get the IP address from the client list on the Deco) you should be able to see an indication as to whether the device thinks it's transmitting or not!

*While the Deco works well as a mesh, don't clone the WiFi extenders, use a different network SSID for them - it really does work better!

screencapture-wpa7510-lan-2022-04-11-22_04_51.png

In the image above (once moderated) you can see my WPA7510.  It's set up just to provide a second 2.4GHz as at around 30x 2.4GHz devices, I started to find it difficult to stream the security camera footage!  In the image you can see the 5GHz WiFi is greyed out, since it's not needed.

As an addition @CrimsonLiar what connection issues? I’m new so not aware of anything